Canada and high Fashion

I've been reading the America and the Dollar thread and finding it very interesting. I unfortunatly do not know very much american history much less its cuases so I have decided to start a similar thread concerning the cause of the canadian state.

I'm fairly sure canada is the only country that was created becuse of fashion. Now europeans had been visiting the east cosat of canada for a few centuries befor old Chris Columbus decided China was probably that way but most of thoes people were vikings who only really wanted lumber. Once the ernest exploitation of canada was started by the english and the french Beaver fur hats had become the hight of fashion in europe and what do you know this place was full of the little critters. The largest company the world has ever seen came into being, the Hudsons bay company( "owning" 10% of the earths land mass).Some furious beaver trapping, smallpox spreading later, pretty much the entire place belonged to the english and the french (except for the north) they fought for a while, the english won, beavers went out of fashion and not much has changed since. Canada also holds the distinction of being one of the only countries to get its independence by asking nicely due to beavers no longer being as numerous or as valueable as they once were.
My apologies for spelling/gramitacl mistakes.

I am a Cajun from south Louisianna. Not from New Orleans, those people are creole and threw us out when we arrived from Canada. When the British took Canada from the French they made everyone swear allegance to the queen or get out. The Cajuns refused and were banished. They sailed for the closest French territory, Louisianna. When they reached New Orleans they were thrown out again, into the swamps. They were so poor at this point they learned to eat ANYTHING they could find. Hence came Cajun food. New Orleans and Canada's only part in its inception was to throw us out.

Just a little tidbit of Canada's history.

Back