• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Canadian Scammer Alert

Boru13

Staff member
Super Mod
Seriously? This is unacceptable, and I hope @BloodyDonnie can explain. Also, this thread needs more info.

What province is he selling from?

Last edited:
@BloodyDonnie please chime in here.

I had dealt with him in 2018 with no issues and super fast shipping...payment by EMT.
I don’t know him personally, and only had that one interaction, but I would like to hear his side.

To the folks out money and a knife right now, that really sucks. I hope you get made right and whole. No excuses for it.

But ya, this thread needs a lot more context.

ETA: To ALL Canadian Sellers to the USA...just an fyi. Do not ship “small packet,” as Covid is messing a touch with the slower non trackable packets. Unless you don’t care to possibly lose it and refund someones money. Plus the “small packet” is taking up to 5 weeks to be delivered. Always go tracked packet.
Sorry for the short derailment.

Last edited:
Wow......I did wonder why he had so many BM Anthems for sale.

A few months ago I did notice him posting knives on craigslist for the Greater Vancouver area.

That’s crazy... I bought a 0450CF from him a month or two ago.

I thought it was strange he posted another one....

On taking a second look I'm pretty sure the pictures he used for that ad are of the knife I have. There's a blemish on the pivot screw thats on my knife and in his pictures... Will post them in a second.

Last edited:
I am one of the people who sent money to BloodyDonnie for the ZT 0450cf he recently posted. Two other members had expressed interest ahead of me but I messaged him to say I was interested if they didn't buy it. He responded to say the others offered less than asking price and I could buy it for asking if I wanted so I did. Apparently he had already taken money from blnasser, as well, for the same knife. It appears that he had already sold this knife in July to cheeseit123.

He also pulled the same scam with a Benchmade Anthem that Burningoak sent money for but never received the knife.

I don't know if there are others that he has scammed out of money...

This is not looking good.

@BloodyDonnie this evidence is looking pretty damning.

I’m sorry and upset for all you three. Grrrr.

i was one of the people who send money for the ZT 0450CF, and never receive it,
this was his last email with me:
''Hi, I just found out that my last sale was lost by canada post. I dont think I'm comfortable shipping anything until I figure out what's going on. If it doesnt get solved in the next few days, I may have to just refund you. Sorry for the hold up. I will keep you updated"

He also pulled the same scam with a Benchmade Anthem that Burningoak sent money for but never received the knife.
I remember finding it odd that he kept posting ads for Anthems, since he had previously posted that he found the knife unappealing.

I had 2 good sales experience with that guy earlier this year. Fast shipping, knives in advertised condition.

Last month I wanted to purchase these Emerson

I wired him the money same day, then he went dark a couple of days.
He said he lost the parcel :
Hi sorry for the late reply, I wanted to have everything figured out by then. Early on in the day yesterday I knew I wasn't going to make it out of work in time to ship the items, so I handed them off to a site manager heading out of the office for him to stop by a post office. I guess he ended up too busy and couldn't, but he forgot to take them out of the company car. Since then other employees have used it and they arent in the car anymore. I only found out this morning after asking him for the tracking number.

I'm really sorry this happened, I knew I was pretty busy this week so I wasn't sure exactly when I could ship them, but I wanted to get them shipped by Thursday to make it over for your weekly mail check, but I shouldnt have overlooked it. I will have to look into the missing items on Monday when the other drivers are back to work.

Worst case if I cant find them, I will just refund money for both knives, with money on top to at least cover the difference for buying one of the knives new from store, that's the least I could do to make up for it, should the knives really be lost.

Cool story bro eh

Then he went dark again for some more days.
Then he showed up again, and refunded me with an extra $10 - I didn't want the extra money, he wanted to offer me $50 more initially.

I feel bad for all the people that are in trouble with that guy, but my spider sense is telling me that he is having acute problems – it's weird to firesale brand new knives like these at such a quick pace.

Then he showed up again, and refunded me with an extra $10

It sounds like the only way this scam could work is if it were like a pyramid scheme -- refunding one or two buyers with funds from the other scam sales, dragging things out to try and ensure that as many scam sales without returns can take place.

If refunds are given for 100% of the sales, I don't see how the scam would make any money at all. This is an odd one.

Back