Candy Ken double-edged titanium sword

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here is a little custom blade, inspired by the Japanese ken double-edged sword. People say it looks kind of like a gladius or viking sword.

I call it the "candy ken" because of all the candy-coated colors on the titanium hilt parts.

Thin blade made of Russian BT23 titanium alloy, 23.25" in length, with a hilt of 6.25" for a total length of 29.5" and weighing in at 1 lb, 0.5 oz.

This is a really light, thin, fun little sword!

CH88AYC.jpg

Uf8Crsc.jpg

FJzScNn.jpg

UVBQPmB.jpg

rg6MkYP.jpg

pyYO4KB.jpg

Il5S0fu.jpg

WValtakis

Engraving, Ti anodizing, regrinds and mods
What's the spine thickness on this, Sammy? Looks like a WICKED cutter:eek::cool:

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
What's the spine thickness on this, Sammy? Looks like a WICKED cutter:eek::cool:

Just coming back to look at this one again, because I REALLY wanted to keep it. 😆

Just to further explain, the blade is less than 1/8" thick at the ridge at the thickest part near back third of the blade. It's gently tapered even thinner toward the distal end. The sweet spot is probably approaching 1/16" in thickness, and wide. Despite this, I would have no hesitation to cut fresh, hard green bamboo with it. A dangerous thing it is, and pushed the absolute limits in size of a blade I could make out of such thin ti.

Lorien

I haven't seen this before, glad you brought it back up. Cool sword