Cant get a victorinox scientist, so how about....

the scientist isnt made anymore :( i couldnt buy one when vincent posted the thread, but now i can :(!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2176512246&category=1403

i look at that, but i want the screwdriver, and that picture obviously isnt that of the knife being sold( the ad mentions that it has a different box)

so my querstion is, what about the yeoman/ is it still being made? is it available?

and i hope this isnt spam, but if anyone's willing to sell a scientist or a yeoman, gimme a hollar. Cougar, or anyone th ats a mod, if this is spam, please dont omit the post, just tell me and i will edit this last part, or you can do so.

Originally posted by aaron_simkovich
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2176512246&category=1403

i look at that, but i want the screwdriver, and that picture obviously isnt that of the knife being sold( the ad mentions that it has a different box)

so my querstion is, what about the yeoman/ is it still being made? is it available?

OK the photo tiny as it is sure looks like the Scientist.

Here's some process of elimination deduction -
The description has both Phillips driver and importantly the corkscrew - which means the Phillips driver is in the handle and NOT the corkscrew replacement

The magnifying glass is another hint that it is coupled/paired with the Phillips driver, Victorinox made very few SAKs with the magnifying glass.

So unless the description is also wrong then I would say with about 90% certainty that it is a real Scientist with the Combo tool.

Check out the photos and description of the Combo tool in my thread link:

My EDC Story - Victorinox Combo Tool Story

The Vic Yeoman has also been discontinued as an US import for some years - not certain of whether it is still made or not (I'll ask Paul Elsener next time I e-mail him)

One can still find it around, use www.froogle.com and enter Victorinox Yeoman - prices can be as low as $23 when I checked just now (but watch out for outrageous shipping) - note that some are the Boy Scouts version with the scout logo.

When I checked just now Brian was still listing the Yeoman at $24 and a flat $3.85 Priority mail shipping:

http://discountknivesonline.com/large.htm

Brian can get busy and it was just Memorial weekend so you might want to write him e-mail and get a reply before getting your hopes up.

i have no doubt that that is the scientist in the picture, but the description says it does not come in the origional box, but that picutre, the knife has it. Also, that knife does not have the tiny screwdriver,,,,, :(

i emailed about the yeoman

Originally posted by aaron_simkovich
i have no doubt that that is the scientist in the picture, but the description says it does not come in the origional box, but that picutre, the knife has it. Also, that knife does not have the tiny screwdriver,,,,, :(

Oh, I see what you mean - the mini or jeweller's screwdriver kept in the corkscrew (....there are two other screwdrivers on the Scientist).

That is easily obtainable as a spare part -
30411 mini screwdriver $3.30
direct from Swiss Army Brands -
http://swissarmy.com/webstore/category_parts.cfm?Category=111

The original box is important if you're a collector and never intend to actually use the knife -
otherwise the box is a collector
- of dust :D :D :D

i dont really care, but the point is that that is not the picture of the knife, the knife could have a crack that is not mentioned, or something crappy, like some guy named adolf's name engraved etc. the point is that the seller showed a pic that is different, maybe they are trying to hide somerthng

I've purchased from her before and she has a 100% feedback, so if she says it's never been used, I think you're pretty safe. Being in germany, she often sells models not common here. I never bought one of her scientists because they usually go pretty high. good luck though.

If you're interested in collecting SAK's you might want to join the Victorinox collectors club. You can order the 2003 catalog from them for $2 and they still had some Yeoman 2002 collector's knives available for $20 including shipping about three or four weeks ago.

collectors club? im not into collecting, just want the one knife, how much is a membership?

Gadgetman7,

Please could you tell us how to apply to the Victorinox collectors club ?

You can join the Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Collector's Society by sending a request and check for $20 to

Dan Jacquart, President
Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Collector's Society
P.O.Box 145
Cochrane, WI 54622

If you chose to join make the check out to the Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Collector's Society.

If you want more information you can email Dan Jacquart at:

tovsakcs@mwt.net

There are going to be new membership benefits soon so you might want to join now. We would be very happy to have new members!

Back