can't trust my sebenza anymore

The class and professionalism displayed by CRK/Anne in addressing this publically is comforting.

I'm proud to support companies like CRK!

The class and professionalism displayed by CRK/Anne in addressing this publically is comforting.

I'm proud to support companies like CRK!

Plus 100 From Me Too.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CRK Is Top-Shelf All The Way ;););) Rickster ;););)

I knew CRK would come through.

Pittsteele, you may want to consider having CRK also refurbish your knife while its there. It doesn't cost much and the knife comes back looking like new.

Pittsteele: thank you so much for returning your knife to us for inspection - it arrived today. The problem with knife was a significant build up of pocket lint around the stop sleeve. This results in the blade not opening completely, which means the lock does not engage fully. Chris removed the lint with a toothpick and the lock moved immediately into specification. Folding knives are no different than any other precision instrument - critical parts must be kept clean and maintained!

We will clean the knife thoroughly and it will be on its way back to you in a day or two.

Hope your finger is well on its way to full healing!

Anne

I have been watching this thread and others in this forum carefully as I intend to purchase my first CRK (Lg. Sebenza) shortly. I have been continually impressed with the satisfaction CRK owners have with their knives and the steadfast Customer Service policies and real world service rendered by CRK.

This even more solidifies my decision to trade/sell some other knives from a brand known for poor customer service (and lost knives) to contribute towards acquiring CRK knives in their place.

If I could decide between a large Micarta or Wood Inlay Sebenza- I'd already be a member of the CRK family.

Spam Removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pittsteele: thank you so much for returning your knife to us for inspection - it arrived today. The problem with knife was a significant build up of pocket lint around the stop sleeve. This results in the blade not opening completely, which means the lock does not engage fully..... Anne

My large Reg is at the shop for the exact same thing. My lock-up looks exactly like the OPs.

...and it isn't lint.

I've tore it down, rotated the screws, changed screw positions, disassembled and reassembled numerous times and the lock-up never moves past 20-25%.

Heather said today that "they think they can get it right without too much trouble". I agree. Seems a micro touch of stock removal on the tang base would do the trick but I'm not sure what they have in mind.

...but it sure wasn't lint. :D

Can't wait to get it back. It's my first CRK and we hadn't even had time to be properly introduced before I sent her to the spa.:D

I have no idea how many knives CRK has sold over the years but I imagine it must have been a lot. To have that many knives out there being used hard and still show this almost personal level of customer service says something very special about the quality of the products and the people working for the company.

I am truly impressed (and happy for owning a CRK knife).

Lint?!!!

My gosh, I must be a friggen rocket scientist compare to some of these knifeknuts.

Hey Teacher, you almost got yourself a good knife for a good price. All you needed was a toothpick and a brain.

Last edited:
Back