Carbon fiber Friday thread

bIxpeZc.jpg

Today BD_01 BD_01 liked a post I made last January here which made me realize I haven't been over to this thread or posted here for a loooong time--like February or March. I also haven't been assiduously observing Carbon Fiber Friday as I've also been appropriately carrying knives for Flipper Friday and Shirogorov F-series Friday. Anyway, I went back to one of my all-time favorites and most carried work user today to get back with the program. I think I had this KA large 21 in my pocket almost every day the first year I had it. Lots of wear and scratches on this baby, but still a handsome knife, a great worker, and going strong.

w6xHbq8.jpg

tJxHJ2d.jpg

Last edited:
That's a Kapara top right, is it not, BD_01 BD_01 ? How do you like that one? Looks like it's really good in hand, plus it's got Spyderco's compression lock and wire clip. I might be answering my own question here and have to sell a few more to make room for one. :rolleyes:

ChazzyP ChazzyP

Yes, it is a Kapara and it’s is amazing. It’s very slicey and the blade to handle to weight ratios are all great. It carries super well too.

I don’t find it a super duper fidgety knife, as the cutout for lock access doesn’t seem as large or accessible as a PM2.

I’ve heard said that some from the first run had so-so actions, but mine was fine out of the box and has improved without adjustment. They’re on a second run now; apparently some QCI improvements were made.

It won’t have the production quality of one of your Shiro’s, but it’s on point for a Taichung Spyderco.

I think it’s Spyderco’s best offering of the year and I’m super happy I have one.

ETA Kapara vs breakfast burrito. :)

Thanks for the run down, BD_01 BD_01 . The new CQIs seems to be out of stock most places right now. There was one I just missed on the Exchange today. I've got a few credits over at DLT, just signed on to their "Notify me" list, and will wait to hear and watch the Exchange at the same time. Maybe the knives I've got listed will sell in the meantime.

Spyderco production quality is pretty darn good all over and I think their Taichung knives are exceptionally well made. I've pared down a little, but still have a bunch of Spydies. Love my Millies and Sages and have one PM2 left and my Superleaf with the compression lock. I appreciate the newer super steels, but am not a steel snob and am fine with S30V and some of the earlier SS alloys too as they were the super steels not all that long ago.

Back