Carbon Fiber Ladybug?

I saw this version listed on a website for $43.72. Its the first time I ever heard of thi version. Is it rare because its so pricey for a Ladybug?

Hi AR15. Spyderco only made a few hundred of them. They are no longer being made.

sal

i have two actually (and no, you cant have either one of them).

they are rare because they are rare. they only put together a short run of them (~500 i believe) they were made at the same time as a short run each of CF dragonflys and CF crickets.

it is a fantastic little piece. actually all of the aformentioned CF models i really like.

------------------
'Till next time,
Rich the kite guy

Discount knives still has CF ladybugs and Dragonflys for sale if anyones interested.

Great little knife. Handy as all get out. This one is on my key chain.

CFLadybug.jpg

Just as an afterthought. I got my CF Ladybug from Smoky Mountain Knife Works a while back for $29.99. They were running a closeout special. However, the internet sales-people told me they were out. I insisted on talking to someone in the showroom, and lo' and behold, the showroom had some. I have no idea if that price is still good, but it never hurts to call and ask.

SMKW's warehouse for internet orders and its showroom are separate, so it's always a good idea to check both if you can get a good deal.

------------------
Guyon
AKTI Member #A001044

"The hardest knife ill used doth lose his edge."
-William Shakespeare, Sonnet 95

Alas, SMKW is out. I was in just a few days ago. I paid $29.95 as well, but that was many months back, when they were first made.

------------------
Knowledge without understanding is knowledge wasted.
Understanding without knowledge is a rare gift - but not an impossibility.
For the impossible is always possible through faith. - Bathroom graffiti, gas station, Grey, TN, Dec, 1988

AKTI Member #A000831

As of yesterday, SMKW still has (2) Carbon Fiber Ladybugs! You have to call the showroom, not the website! I bought one yesterday for $29.99. Good Luck! Ron.....

------------------
"Love Dem Spydies"

Thanks for the correction! I thought I was thorough the other day, but those little boxes can hide in a lot of places.

Back