Carbon Fiber Walker

Sal,
I don't remember which internet knife company it was, but they stated that they stopped carrying the carbon-fiber Walker (Swiss made model C22) due to quality problems. Is that knife still being produced, and if so, have the problems been corrected or were there any problems initially? I would just like to get a clarification from you about that model, since I have considered purchasing one. But, being that the cost is considerable, I wanted to learn more about that model. I am a dealer and have access to it at cost, but the dealer cost is still "a chunk 'o change"! Also, I find it hard to believe that knife company stated there was a problem with a Spyderco. I'm sorry if you've been asked about this model before, I'm new to this website (I wish I'd found it sooner-it's a blast!).

------------------
Put forth your best effort in all that you do...and don't forget to treat everything and everyone with dignity and respect, as it helps the world to spin smoother!

Savman - the C22 is quite expensive. But it has all of the expensive goodies. Custom Phosphure bronze bushing ($4.50 each) to insure exceptional fit and long term rigidity. Nested and lightened 4th generation (Michael Walker) Linerlock. Carbon fiber scales (the 1st) that are water jet cut and CNC milled for the nesting. ATS-34 blade. Electronically colored Titanium linerlock and clip. Swiss made. What would a custom cost with these features?

I was not aware of the quality problems mentioned. Do you know what they were? Also, very limited production (rare - less than 30 pcs per month). Very classy piece in any circle, compares easily to a custom piece. Just my sales pitch. Michael did an excellent job. Klotzli does an excellent job to manufacture the piece for us. Michaels share. Makes the knife expensive, but we have few if any complaints.
sal

I really am intrigued by this knife and have been in constant debate with myself on whether I should buy one or not.

If I were to acquire one, I would like to carry it and use it.

What do you think, is it a user? Or does it serve best as a collector's item? I know, the question is purely subjective but I would just like to hear any opinions from Sal or anyone else.

Sal,
Thanks for the clarification on that model, and yes, I do remember it being the Knife Center. They were not specific, so maybe their claim was unfounded or just a bunch 'o jibberish! I didn't know that Klotzli was involved with that project. I have a few of his Boker knives, and they are of exceptional quality. I'm sure that the C22 must be a beautiful piece, but I don't know if I'd carry it either (like Ronny Reagan). I would really hate to scratch it, that would qualify as a serious bummer!

Back