cargo pants/knifes

hi guys, I was just wondering who likes to where cargo pants to carry there knifes! because I'm so obsessive these days I just love to where my cargo pants with one of my knifes clipped to one of the pockets ether pocket! I own lots of these cargo pants because I find them useful to hall lots of stuff wallet keys ect. if you do the same could you name some brands of cargo pants you own! thanks for looking:thumbsup:

I wear 5.11 Taclite pants and shorts most of the time. The pocket on the right leg is ideal for my Spyderco Military. I have Vertx but not in cargo configuration, very well made.

My favorite is TrueSpec. The 65/35 cloth will last much longer than the 100% cotton. I get the 65/35 material and they last 4-5 years sometimes longer. Got 4 or 5 pairs that I rotate through.

I usually drop my knife in the right side cargo pocket. Some of them have a cell phone pocket hidden underneath the side cargo pockets.

My favorite is TrueSpec. The 65/35 cloth will last much longer than the 100% cotton. I get the 65/35 material and they last 4-5 years sometimes longer. Got 4 or 5 pairs that I rotate through.

I usually drop my knife in the right side cargo pocket. Some of them have a cell phone pocket hidden underneath the side cargo pockets.
:) Their 50/50 nylon/ cotton version is even tougher . My main outdoor and work pants . Wear like iron !

Cargo pants saved me from resorting to a man purse . :eek:

Midway USA makes some nice khaki , non camo , that are good enough to wear to town .

LL Bean are my dress up cargo pants .

I use the front pockets for just knives and everything else goes into cargo . :cool:

I buy black Dickies cargo pants for work wear. At work I carry a Manbug in one of the cargo pockets and my phone in the other. I put a lanyard on the Manbug to make it easier to find. (There's a 2" blade length limit on pocket knives at work.)

When I was working my favorite ones were made by an outfit named Propper. They have a little elastic in the waist band that gave a little give to it , making it real comfortable.
They lasted a long time and were a little less expensive than other brands I've owned. Another suggestion would be finding a LEO supply store in your area where they'll likely have several brands and colors to choose from. The one's I used to deal with did free alterations on site.

I wear Eddie Bauer cargoes often and am able to keep my BK-14 in a cargo pocket. I also have a Benchmade Contega in the right front and a Vic OHT in the front left.
These are balanced by the Kimber Micro 9 and two spare mags on the belt! LOL!

hi guys, I was just wondering who likes to where cargo pants to carry there knifes! because I'm so obsessive these days I just love to where my cargo pants with one of my knifes clipped to one of the pockets ether pocket! I own lots of these cargo pants because I find them useful to hall lots of stuff wallet keys ect. if you do the same could you name some brands of cargo pants you own! thanks for looking:thumbsup:

Hi Blanex - I sure hope that your post was a voice to text. To relate, "spell chark is my enima."

I like to wear cargo pants to carry my knives and to haul lots of stuff.

I do love the Duluth firehose flex pants and shorts - the front pockets are large and have big openings so that one could carry a handgun in the strong side. The lower cargo pockets are useful for cell phone and clip-on knife so as not to interfere with presentation from pocket of the firearm.

Additionally, one feature that I really like is that all of the velcro-secured pocket flaps are designed to fold into the pockets and out of the way, so I can draw my wallet out of my back pocket without the hassle of having to rip the flap open.

Finally, the Duluth pants and shorts have a velcro-secured inner pocket for mad-money or whatever you want to put in there to eventually forget and then launder; ask me how I know. :)

The cargo pants I bought from Bass Pro - Redhead brand - sucked. They wear out quickly, the velcro tears up quickly, and I am pretty sure nobody in R&D ever WORE them during testing.

best regards -

mqqn

In the colder months I wear mostly the Vertx Delta. They are not cargo pants but they have two small dedicated "knife pockets" located behind each hip pocket. I don't carry my knives in those pockets, but rather my flashlight and multi-tool. I've gotten to the point where I pretty much only wear pants with these type of pockets, as they allow me to carry my gear comfortably and unobtrusively. When I'm not wearing the Vertx, I also wear the Tru-Spec 24/7 which have similar "knife pockets" but are also cargo pants.

In shorts weather, I have a variety of the aforementioned Tru-Spec 24/7 cargo pants in various colors that I had a local seamstress make into shorts for me (tru-spec makes shorts but I prefer mine longer).

Propper Kinetic. I have 8 pair and wear nothing else, varying only color. A Microtech Ultratech is my quick deploy option from the front right pocket for small cutting needs, a SAK rides deep in my left pocket, and a Police 4 in my right thigh pocket.

5:11s were our duty pants before I retired, so I have a few pairs of the lightweights & the regular canvas. I wear them occasionally, but usually just wear jeans. In the Summer I wear the cheap Wrangler cargo pants for everything.

Another vote for the Duluth firehose pants. Super comfortable, lots of pockets, pricey but very durable.

Well because of certain decisions by the Wrangler company, I've been forced to join the Duluth party. These pants are awesome with their 11 pocket and two hammer loops.

Duluth and Kitanica! Kitanica has the best pocket layout I've ever worn and they last!
I have 4pair of ASP's and 2 pair of raider pants! Pricey but absolutely top shelf! Well worth the coin. Its.just.like buying a knife. Higher end stuff they pay attention to the little things!

Duluth trading and Kitanica. Kitanica has the best pocket layout I've ever used! My first.two pair are 10+years old and still pretty much perfect! Stuff is pricey but it's just like buying a higher end knife. Its.All the little things that make something stand out! 4pair of ASP's & 2pair of raiders! Absolutely top shelf!

Carhartt brand shorts are well made and wear like iron, there are small pockets on the outside thigh area for clipping my EDC folding knife.

Back