"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Barely a knife!! Yet, very much a useful knife!!
Snaps onto a keychain, snaps; open when needed!! Has a partly serrated blade, a slot driver, and philips driver! And a cap-lifter!! Had one on my chain for years!! Never fallen off, never questioned on any flight!! :rolleyes: Is it traditional?? If not, it should be!!😂
Key knife 1.jpgKey knife 2.jpgKey knife 3.jpg

I've gone back to cutting my own hair this past year, have to do it about once a month, but it doesn't take long to take it down to a #2 with the clippers ;) :thumbsup:

lMqgmXr.jpg

Many years ago, I worked with an electronics repair tech that was way under-employed due to being an alcoholic and a particularly abrasive personality. He would receive electronics that bypassed the RMA process, and were often just fine. On the work order, under problem, he would often write “nothing”, ”stupid customer”, or my favorite, simply “ESO”. Equipment superior to operator.

Many years ago, I worked with an electronics repair tech that was way under-employed due to being an alcoholic and a particularly abrasive personality. He would receive electronics that bypassed the RMA process, and were often just fine. On the work order, under problem, he would often write “nothing”, ”stupid customer”, or my favorite, simply “ESO”. Equipment superior to operator.
What does RMA stand for, JB?? Unfortunately, I often run into "ESO"!!🤪

Hi Charlie, return material authorization, issued by a manufacturer, repair shop or seller to send in a product for service or maybe swap it out. The idea is that to get one, customer service or tech support has determined there is/may be a problem with the item, and coordinates the work order and return instructions. Unfortunately, oftentimes people bypass all this and send in a lot of things without documentation that ain’t broke.

I've gone back to cutting my own hair this past year, have to do it about once a month, but it doesn't take long to take it down to a #2 with the clippers ;) :thumbsup:

lMqgmXr.jpg
Just bought a trimmer for my beard. Afraid to try it in my head, though. Haircuts are only $16 (I give the barber a $20). My barbers have always been older than me, but that will be harder to find in a few years. Younguns can't give a decent haircut.
--Your Friendly Neighborhood Curmudgeon

Younguns can't give a decent haircut.
My barber is quite a bit younger than me! He came from Turkey to live in the Great White North, and raise his family in a (relatively!) free democracy!! Probably 25 years younger than me, and loves his work; I suspect he'll be around for a while!!:)
But I intend to retain my own Curmudgeonliness!! There is lots that needs criticizing out there!!:mad:

Just bought a trimmer for my beard. Afraid to try it in my head, though. Haircuts are only $16 (I give the barber a $20). My barbers have always been older than me, but that will be harder to find in a few years. Younguns can't give a decent haircut.
I‘m using my beard trimmer for my hair (or to be correct my wife does) the last 15 months due to COVID restrictions without issues. But my hair is short (12mm) and done with a similar trimmer at the barber anyway. Only thing to remember is that after washing the hair the first time to grab the trimmer again to get any strays that somehow escaped the first run 😊. But that goes for the barber as well.

Gerd

Astounding! Just to think, that may have been Gregor Samsa the day before....:D

No doubt it will be one of many🦗
I had to look that one up. You are clearly better read than I am :thumbsup:

In my neighborhood, they seem to be most abundant around a certain type of maple. As I walk around, I can see them in various stages in the transformation from nymph to adult. If I get a chance today I will try to find a large stand of those maples and get some better pictures.

Edit:
I know the ‘X’ is the Roman numeral ten, and you are supposed to say “Brood ‘Ten’”, but “Brood ‘X’” sounds so much cooler, like the title of a bad horror film, or a class of Pokémon or something…

Last edited:
Back