"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I've been through a few Doner kebabs :rolleyes: ;)

😁:thumbsup:

My brother had a favorite kebab shop (/pizza shop/chippy) in Bath. We ordered from there a few times when we visited them. He would get an huge order of their doner kebab with extra spicy sauce, which was delicious, but not exactly the sort of thing to eat if you were planning on being out and about sightseeing all the next day… 🤣

Hey yall, I'm alive! Coming back around after to long astray, figured I'd at least give fair warning!
Great to see you back David :) Hope all's well :) :thumbsup:
My brother had a favorite kebab shop (/pizza shop/chippy) in Bath. We ordered from there a few times when we visited them. He would get an huge order of their doner kebab with extra spicy sauce, which was delicious, but not exactly the sort of thing to eat if you were planning on being out and about sightseeing all the next day… 🤣
LOL! :D Fifteen or more years ago, during a very boozy weekend in London, an old pal of mine, half-cut on a Saturday night, took me to his favourite restaurant, which was basically a Turkish kebab house, in an area which has been gentrified since, but certainly wasn't then - Balham :eek: What an experience! :rolleyes: When we had finished eating, about six of us, he asked me what I thought of the food. I told him it was terrible. He summoned the waiter, who looked quite terrified, and told him, "He's not paying for his, he didn't like it!" :oops:🤣

Just an little update, things are well with us although it has been a hectic and trying year. Medical issues with both myself and Joyana, my suburbans transmission decided it has had enough, we were tired of putting money into that thing. So now for the first time in decades I'm making payments on a vehicle lol. But thats ok because I absolutely love our 2012 R51 Nissan Pathfinder! I have only bought 3 knives this, a Imperial barlow and a couple sodbuster Jr.s. I'll have to wait a bit to upgrade my account snd post pics, but I'm not going to be such a stranger anymore. Glad to be welcomed back!! Means the world to me

Just an little update, things are well with us although it has been a hectic and trying year. Medical issues with both myself and Joyana, my suburbans transmission decided it has had enough, we were tired of putting money into that thing. So now for the first time in decades I'm making payments on a vehicle lol. But thats ok because I absolutely love our 2012 R51 Nissan Pathfinder! I have only bought 3 knives this, a Imperial barlow and a couple sodbuster Jr.s. I'll have to wait a bit to upgrade my account snd post pics, but I'm not going to be such a stranger anymore. Glad to be welcomed back!! Means the world to me
Good to see you back brother. Your absence had been noted.

Good to see ya Dave! Hope things just keep gettin' better and better for you.
You don't need something new to show, just drop in when you can. :)

Glad to see you back!

Some people improve a place by their presence, and some improve a place with their absence. You improve it with your presence. It is nice to have you back.

I'm casting about for the ideal Summer carry combo. Obviously, since I've never figured out the ideal anything carry combo. Since there isn't one.
7GnN5Ov.jpg

Kingston, nameless, Sabot, Buck (309), Vic, ISC (German-made Schrade), Lacroix, Sabot.

I was surprised to find the 309 this morning, since I wasn't aware of the pattern, never mind that I have one.
4xLEEhG.jpg

Last edited:
Back