Carnivore production history?

sniperboy

Gold Member
Hope I am not asking a queston I coudl have dug up with a search but here goes..

a while back a gentleman offered a carnivore for sale.. only this one was special..

to those who have owned or seen a custom crawford carnivore, the swedge is a traditional clip, not the horizontal and drop to clip that the production carnie has...

...anyways he was selling an "old style" customized carnivore that I was informed, the black coating on the blade was taken off, satined, and the g10 was drilled and the liners had a yellow anodized type finish..

my question - did this carnivore with the "pat crawford style" blade grind/swedge, really exist as an early production?? Did Crawford ask to change it so the production woudl not be identical to the custom?? or was it just camera tricks?

It's kinda weid but I do rememebr a logo on it.. and it was DIFFERENT from my recent rekat... Thanks for any info sirs :)

I seem to remember the early production Carnivores did have a slightly different blade style. The swedge was different. I seem to remember seeing REKAT adds that showed the early blade style. Hope this helps.

Thank you sir.. I apprecaite the info.. at least I knwo I am not seeing things.. those grinds looked cooler than the newer ones in my opinion. because of all the nostalgia I checked out Mr. Pat's site.. It seems that he is not making any more carnies?? I havent asked him but I noticed the past few shows I have been to there were none on his table...

and here I was waiting for the day he'd make a "combat carnie" :p

Back