CarpScot's Knives

I drove almost 1000 miles over the last two days to go see Bob Dozier's table at the Rocky Mountain Leather Trade Show in Sheridan, Wyoming. I was lucky enough to pick up an original size folding hunter with green jigged bone scales, which is a handle material that I absolutely love. I thought I'd take a few glamour shots before I dirty her up. :D

Jigged1.jpg

Jigged2.jpg

Jigged3.jpg

Jigged4.jpg

I really like the pattern on that bone. It's different than we normally put. I'm sure the drive was worth it.
Dan

Be still, my foolish heart...
That was my reaction when I first saw the knife. I couldn't do anything but nod ands smile like an idiot when Bob asked me if I liked it. :eek:

I really like the pattern on that bone. It's different than we normally put. I'm sure the drive was worth it.
Dan
It was definitely worth the trip. I was surprised by how different the bone on the folder is from the bone on the Whittler I have, but pleasantly so. :thumbup: This knife will be a great companion to the Model 8 that I have of yours.

Bare Bones Bow Legged Joe from Andy of Fiddleback knives. It is raining outside and these pics aren't the best. I'll try to replace these with better photos when the weather allows. :thumbup:

Fiddleback2.jpg

Fiddleback1.jpg

Fiddleback3.jpg

Fiddleback4.jpg

Thanks Geode. As you can see, I snuck the K2 of my father's in there. ;) He loves that knife. :)

Nice Bow Legged Joe. :thumbup: The Bare Bones model looks larger than the other ones I've seen, but what do I know? I can't even properly take a knife out of a sheath. :( :D

Nice Bow Legged Joe. :thumbup: The Bare Bones model looks larger than the other ones I've seen, but what do I know? I can't even properly take a knife out of a sheath. :( :D

As far as I know it is the same size. The "Bare Bones" name comes from micarta handles without liners, pins rather than Corby bolts, and a standard lanyard tube rather than one of Andy's bulls-eye tubes. I'll bring it to the Union for you to check out if you want. :)

I feel privileged to add a Forged 1095 Recurve from Matthew Bailey to my collection. This was a custom order that is intended for use as an everyday user and I couldn't be more pleased with the end result. I included so many photos because I could not portray all of the details in a single photograph. I hope that they can all least convey an idea of the knife's true beauty.
IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

You all are probably tired of my pictures but I have one more addition to add. :eek:
Himilayan Imports M-43 by Raju Rasaili.
IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

Beautiful collection, Carp!:thumbup: I always pictured you as more of a folder guy, but guess I was wrong!!:D Very very nice.

Jonny

Bow Legged Belt Knife from Fiddleback. :thumbup: Scales are natural canvas micarta over black canvas micarta with red liners. I'll be doing a review of this knife after I've had the opportunity to carry it for a couple of weeks. I made the sheath.

FiddlebackBLBK1.jpg

BLBKSheath1.jpg

I handled and sheathed these two ZDP-189 Mules. They were both gifted to friends. :thumbup:

Desert ironwood burl with black liners and nickel-silver hardware.
ZDPMule21.jpg

ZDPMule22.jpg

ZDPMule25.jpg

Dyed and stabilized buckeye burl with stainless hardware.
IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

Last edited:
One more Mule. This one is S90v and has ironwood scales with black liners and stainless steel hardware.
IronwoodMule1.jpg

IronwoodMule2.jpg

Back