Case/Bose folksy help

I plan to be in the US in August.
I will be interested in picking up a couple of the Case/Bose collaborations.

I would be most interested in the Dogleg Jack and the Lockback Whittler.

Anyone know who has these for sale at reasonable prices, and in what handle materials?
If you are uncomfortable posting, PMs are fine.

I appreciate the help,
Thanks.

(Mods, if this is violating the rules, let me know and I will delete the post and lock the thread. Thanks)

No worries, Shaldag. We're here to help if we can. :thumbup:

Why not post in the "Want to Buy" forum? I've had pretty good success with that.

Got ya covered shaldag.

(working on it and should have an answer by the end of the week;).)

morrowj_98 suggested what I was going too but you got Gus on the sent so success is eminent!:thumbup::)

Have a great trip shaldag and be safe!

Best,
Anthony

Speaking of dogleg's...Gus, your avatar knife is smokin. Is that Chamblin's? I can't remember what I ordered from him at Blade (as I was clearly damaged from Thursday night), but I think I am going to change it up to get a dogleg. Actually, I think I ordered the same knife you ordered from him at his table. What did you order again? :)

Speaking of dogleg's...Gus, your avatar knife is smokin. Is that Chamblin's? I can't remember what I ordered from him at Blade (as I was clearly damaged from Thursday night), but I think I am going to change it up to get a dogleg. Actually, I think I ordered the same knife you ordered from him at his table. What did you order again? :)

Campbell, put the bourbon down now and slowly back away! ;)

Gus' avatar didn't come from Chamblin's workshop and I think he might hire a team of top flight attorneys to take you for every penny for such an assertion. :p
(At least I don't think he's trading in goats. I've been wrong before. :eek:)

Now, my avatar, however, did derive from the workshop of said Mr. Chamblin and that knife lies alongside that nice saddlehorn you were instrumental in helping me pick up at the recent drink-fest, I mean Blade Show. :cool:

I coulda' been a Chamblin!

LOL,

If Joel had made my avatar, it would look a lot better than that!

As far as my next order from Joel it went some thing like this.

"Hey Joel, enjoyed seeing you at Blade. It was a lot of fun and a lot of good guys I know went home with your knives.
Since this was the first year in next to forever I did not come home with one, do you mind putting me in line.
Let's go for something around x bucks for what ever you feel like making." :D.

Love those dog leg jacks. ;)

Ok everyone...I said Gus when I meant to say Elliot. Jeeezzz, give a guy a break. I've been in the hot sun digging out honey suckle all day.

And Elliot, I meant to say I ordered the same knife as you. So what did you order crazyhorse?

And Gus, don't worry pal-o-mine...I'll make reference to you in one of my posts in the near future. Don't want you to think I'm picking favorites or anything.

Tough crowd tonight...

Ok everyone...I said Gus when I meant to say Elliot. Jeeezzz, give a guy a break. I've been in the hot sun digging out honey suckle all day.
And Elliot, I meant to say I ordered the same knife as you. So what did you order crazyhorse?

Campbell, I'd say I'm sorry but:

"I never apologize...I'm sorry, but that's just who I am" ;)

I just had Joel put me on the list. I originally was down for the "saddlehorn" but since a friend of mine graciously let me have the one on Joel's table, I now will be picking some other pattern when my turn comes around. :cool:

Man...that was a burn. Should have known that quote would be used against me one of these days...

Just havin' some fun, Campbell. I wouldn't toss it your way if I didn't know you and know you could handle it. Seriously though, since I got the saddlehorn, I haven't discussed any other pattern with Joel. Just told him to leave the order open and we'll figure it out when the time comes. (The dogleg is a great pattern though. I love mine.)

I would like to thank everyone who posted advice, as well as those who sent me PMs.

This forum is full of information--I have learned a lot from you guys (including the ladies, thank you) and learn more all the time. In addition, the atmosphere here is what one would call, well, folksy. Or in other words, civilized.

I consider this a very top-notch group of people to "hang around" with. Even virtually.:D

Back