Case Splitback Whittler

Some old listings I see on eBay & elsewhere are showing the 6383 pattern whittler (which is a split spring design) with tang stamps as recent as 2010.

I have one in 'Vintage Stag' from 2000 (V5383 WH SS).

If you are talking about the 83 pattern specifically, it was a standard in the Case line from their early days until it was discontinued in 1981.

Then Case reintroduced it in 1999 using new tooling so it has a slightly different appearance. Case has been discontinuing some patterns in recent years so I have no idea whether the 83 pattern is still in production.

If you are talking about the 83 pattern specifically, it was a standard in the Case line from their early days until it was discontinued in 1981.

Then Case reintroduced it in 1999 using new tooling so it has a slightly different appearance. Case has been discontinuing some patterns in recent years so I have no idea whether the 83 pattern is still in production.

Case lists patterns produced in the last ten years on this page, listed alphabetically by the name (i.e., 'Whittler'), and not the pattern #:
http://www.wrcase.com/case_college/patterns/knifepatterns.php

The 83-pattern whittler is shown on that list as no longer in production (scroll toward the bottom). Not clear as to specifically what year that happened, though.

David

Back