Case Usmc

I have a Case brand USMC fighting knife that was given to me. The blade is parkerised 1095 and the handle differs slightly from the Kabars I have. Nothing on the Case website tells anything about it. Does anyone know anything about these. I have been told its a copy of a prototype submitted to the war department. The ricasso has 1992 stamped on it. Obviously the year of manufacture. This knife has me very curious. Its new so should I leave it or use it?

Hi,

Case made a standard Fighting/Utility knife for a number of years. I am not mistaken it was discountinued just recently. They were were priced in the $40 to 60 range.

They are recent knives and can still be found here in the states. Quality ranged from very nice to a bit sloppy.

HTH:D:).

Thanks Bob. I have asked the question before in other threads on Kabars. Do you know if it is collectable or should I just use it?

If it was mine, I would use it. Here in America they are still an easy find, only a slight bit harder to find then your standard Camillus, Kabar, etc....

HTH:D:).

Mnay thanks. I will. I have ever been used to the idea of just having a wall hanger.

Back