Case XX ??? S207??

I talked to Tony tonight on this one and had him stumped ;) Master Blade marked S207. Any thoughts??

Randy

6207 dogleg jack. "6" for bone...."2" for 2 blades...."07" is the Case pattern number. This pattern was in the Case line from pre-WWII up to 1979, when it was discontinued and the "mini trapper" was introduced...same frame but with a california clip or turkish clip main blade and a long spey as the second blade.

6207 dogleg jack. "6" for bone...."2" for 2 blades...."07" is the Case pattern number. This pattern was in the Case line from pre-WWII up to 1979, when it was discontinued and the "mini trapper" was introduced...same frame but with a california clip or turkish clip main blade and a long spey as the second blade.

I got that much from my book..I need to know what the S is...its not a 6..But thanks,

R

Could not get a shot worth posting of the other stamp..It could be a poorly stamped 6, but it looks just like a lower case s207???I will wait and show it to the Old Dog next time I am down..

R

Well, it must be an ultra-rare "S207", probably the only one ever produced. I stand corrected. You have a very very rare and extremely valuable knife there, a one of a kind. The "S207" is not even documented in any book, which is an indication of its rarity. In fact, (in those days anyway) Case only used "S" to indicate a handle material on one knife, the S-2, which was a small gent's lobster pattern with a patterned sterling silver handle. So the letter "S" was used to designate a sterling silver handle.

So your knife most likely is a one of a kind prototype with a sterling silver handle, which was patterned and colored to look like Case XX era red jigged bone. The use of a lower case "S" kind of throws me though, since whenever letters were used by Case to designate handle materials, the upper case letter was always used. Another indication that it is an extrmeley rare one of a kind protoype. Case must have been experimenting with the use of lower case letters, just on this one knife. They did manage to duplicate the look of jigged bone very well, though.

Knifeaholic..Not sure whats up with your comments..well I guess I do..I forgot to say thanks for stating the obvious..I even said it could be a poorly marked 6 and probably is.. Get your little panties out of a bunch.

R

Fellas, please take it offline if you want to spat.

Randy, your initial reply to knifeaholic was a bit curt even if you already knew the info that was being provided. After all, knifeaholic took the time to try to shed some light.
I can see where he would've felt that your response was a bit condescending (even if that wasn't your intent).

That said, let's put this little hiccup in the past and get on with enjoying learning about the knives.

I like the knife, really do. Would do well dropped into a pocket. No purse though, just wild and free in the pocket.

Back