Catastrophic blade failure

Happy to hear the surgery was a success. I hope your recovery is fast and complete. BTW, this thread is now in the top page when the HI forum is sorted in descending order of most views or most replies and including everything ever posted on this forum. Lots of people concerned about you. You must be doing something right. :)

James

James, that's more a tribute to the fine folks on this forum, than to me. My faults dwarf my better qualities. I've known good men, and at best, I'm fit to walk 10 steps behind them.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Steve

Dear Steve
I am new to this forum, and if you dont mind well wishes from a stranger, prayers for a full recovery.

Steve,

Sorry I missed this post earlier. Hope you make a full recovery and will contact you soon.

Thanks for the good wishes guys and gals. Wearing this weird splint till the thirteenth. It's got a rubber band that attaches to my thumb and holds it in place. I can take it off to shower, which is great. Not uncomfortable. It's custom molded to my arm, like a kydex sheath. Very small scar, which is a disappointment. I was hoping for a big jagged pirate scar.;)

Steve

attachment.php

Attachments

• splint.jpg
    splint.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 172
That's funny; Pirates are hoping for small, civilian scars.

munk

Arhhhh! Matey!

that be correct, we pyrates be wantin' ter give civilians scars, not tother way roun' - tho we arhhh not carin' too much on the syze we gives them, arhhh!

Bet typing with that thing on is interesting. Have you smashed the space bar to smithereens yet? :D Once you are able to do without the masonry on your arm, make sure you work consistently to get the range of motion back. Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.

James

James

Paint the splint black with a red skull and cross bones, then u can be a pirate ;)

Also wear an eye patch coz their cool.

Arrrhhhhhhh

i'm so glad u are okay steve.

your sacrifice however will not go unnoticed, your terrible event may have positive reprocussions that we may never really know.

Dave,
It's good to see you again! Don't be a stranger. You've got a lot of friends here.:)

Steve

Back