Off Topic Caught Out Naked in Public With No Knife Nightmare !

I always have a Vic Classic on the key chain too.

I usually have 2-4 blades on me at time. Some combination of Vic Classic + SAK + Multitool (usually only carried at work) + knife. Plus my S&W M&P9c when its allowable my law. Plus I have a pitbull. Go ahead, make my day...

So you're the other one that has one?

Seriously these aren't easy to find. I've found one off eBay, with only a couple in a year or so since, both in less than stellar shape. Great little knife. They don't get much smaller, thinner, or lighter, and not with a lock too.
Tell me about it. I have only seen them come up a few times. Unfortunately there were 3 or 4 on eBay simultaneously about a year and a half ago. I snagged one, thinking it would be easy to get another....I haven't seen a listing for one since then.

This doesn’t happen to me. I’ve been carrying a folder of some sort for 31 years— since my 10th birthday. Keys, wallet, Wenger Esquire (same as Vic Classic), folder. Every day, without fail.

When I had jury duty a couple years ago, I bought a mini safe for my car. Pocket dump into it before going into the courthouse. Straight back to refill my pockets when I came out.

For me, it’s not about being scared to be without a knife. It’s mostly driven by paranoia about losing my wallet and keys. The knives are just part of my daily pocket fill.

Got chills just thinking about. Had to rush out stick a Pacific Salt in the truck just in case.

Assuming you drive most places and don't like the weight added to a keychain, just keep a spare knife inside the car/truck that you normally don't use and can carry versus some "survival" fixed blade.

As I walked into work one day, I felt that 'disturbance in the force' too. It was horrible, ruined my whole day. From then on I have had a dedicated work folder in my toolbox just in case and 4 or 5 folders and fixed now in my truck. It's irrational that day was ruined but funny too. Then again I have knives with me in my bed :eek: ..but thats in lieu of a firearm.;)

I love having a knife on my keys. I purchased a Spyderco Honey Bee for like 15 bucks a couple years ago and it's been on me every day since. It's the closest thing to a true everyday carry I have.

Ironically, I don't think I have ever actually used it to cut something.

I keep a Blur in the console of my car for situations like this lol.

Yup. My “backup in the car” knife is a Spyderco Tenacious. It lives in the glovebox, just in case I ever realize I don’t have a knife on me.

I keep a Native 5 in the console of my wife's SUV and a Caly 3.5 in the glove box of my truck, so I always have access to a knife if I forget to put one in my pocket.

Takes me a second of confusion the moment I realize I'm "without", then I realize there's a couple of console knives at my disposal.
Slip one in my pocket and all remains correct.

Back