• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Causing Friction with a KÜK blade

cpirtle

Leathercrafter
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I made this as a special order for someone and they were unable to complete the transaction, so it's available for purchase.

Blade is 3 3/4", ground from 1/4" thick 1084 and is approximately 7/32" thick at the spine, satin finished. Scales are black linen Micarta with blackened steel liners. Pivot pin is 5/16" stainless, stop pins are 1/4" stainess. On this friction folder I've added a secondary stop pin further down the tang which I feel makes for a stronger overall system and tighter lockup when blade is open. Spacer is black linen Micarta with red liners for a touch of color.

Blade is sterile (no makers mark), my stamp is discreetly placed inside on one of the liners.

Includes heavy duty belt sheath from American harvested and made cowhide.

More pictures available at my web page.

Special price: $220 shipped Priority

Prefer email for contact: chad@pirtlemade.com

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1594.JPG

Last edited:
Nice lookin' folder. I like the red liners. Why so many stand offs at the back of the handle........ just for looks ?

I like the fact that you don't have a big makers mark on the blade. Some markers go nuts......they have their full name And where they're from.......no thanx.

Thanks Clockman! Those aren't stand-off's though. Essentially there's an open stop pin and a closed stop pin. There's a stop pin near the pivot that is captured by the two screws, this was part of my original design. On version 2.0 I decided to add a stop pin for the tang to reduce the amount of leverage on the pin and make for a firmer lockup in the open position. Hope that make sense.

Thanks for the positive comments!

This one is still available.

Back