cavelady's knife had a baby

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

ilmarinen - MODERATOR
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Cindy/cavelady wanted that little knife as a pendant.So I convereted it.In the process I made this one up.Platinum and gold quillion dagger,10mm long.Through tang threaded to 13/0 threads (makes a 1-80 screw look like a lag bolt),and yes the pommel is threaded and screwed down on the turned ebony handle.Then in an effort to see how small I could go,I mad one 5mm,then one 2.5mm.At that point my hollow grinds got a little sloppy and I quit.Next week the 1mm knife?Who knows?
For you non metric types 2.5mm is 1/10 inch

Man what'd you use for a wheel to hollow grind, a pencil eraser? :D

I can't even see something that small, great work

I used a 1/4" XF hard cratex wheel especially made for platinum.About the equivalent of a 8" contact wheel on a 3/4" blade width full size knife.

I would be squinting so hard my eyes would probably get stuck in that position. That's neat Stacy. I wish you would show off some "Real" stuff. :)

I love it and can't wait to get it. I know my nephew who is a knife freak is going to have a proverble cow over it and a million "please aunt Cindy can I have it" and reasons why he should have it behind the reasons. It's mine!! Yippie!!! :D

Back