CCKS 2023 Tim Reeve Interview

BTTLBRN

Gold Member

The reviewer/interviewer isn't my personal cup of tea, but he does get some juicy new details from Mr Reeve (including his birth year o_O - man I feel old) about some new things coming from CRK.

1 - New clip they are playing with, MIM titanium clip

2 - The new hardware that is coming

3 - Check out the Zaan at the end! Slick and Dammy blade.

4 - Ultem inlays ... interesting (?)

I really wished he would have zoomed in a bit more ... ugh.

Very interesting! At least with 20k new clips I hope we won’t have much issue getting one. I like the stock clips but I would for sure try the new ones if for nothing else but curiosity.

Ultem looks interesting, I’m not a fan but cool to see more inlay options for the Inkosi.

I just hope CRK does a bettter job rolling out MIM parts than Glock did when they switched to MIM internal / trigger parts. Bunch of hot garbage for a while and still not as good as the originals.

Last edited:
Somebody tell that man that we need a 3.5 inch Mnandi in all Ti! :)

I'm interested to see the new clips.
I’m not. Just placed an order for spares, I had a couple in my parts box but when you get the heads up of a parts disco its time to stock up. You don’t switch to MIM because it’s better, you switch because it’s cheaper. Makes me glad that the only knife I am looking for is long discontinued.

Last edited:
20k pieces doesn’t sound like an option but a replacement.
I was thinking about that too. 20k is a lot for sure, I think that’s approximately a years production at CRK (give or take, I read once that their current capacity is about 2k knives per month). But considering how many knives are already out there, it could be an option (maybe initially). Their current clip is just so well loved it seems odd to swap it out entirely. But as an option for at least a decade worth of knives, seems like it could make sense? The clip and screw retails for $20, so at most it probably cost them $10? ~200k a year in clips now, I’m not sure savings with the new clip but maybe half as much? As I’m writing this maybe I’m talking myself out of it. Maybe Tim gets an extra BMW a year and we will have pages and pages of discussion/complaining about the new clip for years to come. Be right back while I order spare clip……

Thanks for posting the video. I'm not sure I understand the discussion about the clips because the camera never zoomed in close enough. How are the new ones different?

I was thinking about that too. 20k is a lot for sure, I think that’s approximately a years production at CRK (give or take, I read once that their current capacity is about 2k knives per month). But considering how many knives are already out there, it could be an option (maybe initially). Their current clip is just so well loved it seems odd to swap it out entirely. But as an option for at least a decade worth of knives, seems like it could make sense? The clip and screw retails for $20, so at most it probably cost them $10? ~200k a year in clips now, I’m not sure savings with the new clip but maybe half as much? As I’m writing this maybe I’m talking myself out of it. Maybe Tim gets an extra BMW a year and we will have pages and pages of discussion/complaining about the new clip for years to come. Be right back while I order spare clip……

As I said (trying to be nice), I don’t particularly care for the reviewer/interviewer - and the lack of zoom is incredibly maddening.

Tim says the 20k was the minimum order.

Thanks for posting the video. I'm not sure I understand the discussion about the clips because the camera never zoomed in close enough. How are the new ones different?
for me it’s not about the different look. It’s the MIM.

Magic instrument money
Musical instrument museum
Memphis in May
Masters in management
Major incident management

Main take away Chris is going bald

"Chris" looks awful young though eh?

Kettleman Kettleman is correct about Glock's struggles with MIM, it was a nightmare with their extractors, the ejection patterns were pretty wonky for a minute - i.e. brass to the face.

I am going to give CRK the benefit of the doubt here, because MIM is a pretty rapidly evolving technology and is used in big industry now. Plus I have a couple extra clips anyway.

I think I understand the concern about mim with regard to precision moving parts in a firearm, but why is it a problem for pocket clips?

I don’t think MIM for the new clips is a problem, and if it was CRK wouldn’t be doing it.
They look at Material, Labor (time to produce) to finished clip costs.

Back