"Century" by Schrade??

I searched the forum over and found no reference to this line, a Swiss Army Knife type.... If it's been covered, my apologies...

Rained, rained some more, then rained again and is still raining - Great Flea Market (indoor!!) kind of day..

Found new in the clampack, a Century STAR and ENDEAVOR. I bought three (1 Endeavor, 2 Star), marked $2.00 eacn (no "original" pricing visiable), I got three for five bucks..
The Endeavor is larger (and the last one they had) at about 3 inches and the Star about 2 inches.... The Endeavor has three "blades" a master, a phillips screwdriver and a multifunctional (flat screwdriver, bottle opener & wire stripper). The Star has a pen blade, a nail file, tweezer, pick and scissor - classical Swiss Army.

I tried posting some pics, but blowed my "allotment" (jis when I thinks I gots dis scanner biz figured out!!)

I just found it interesting, that the knives are listed as having been: "Made in Germany and Finished in the USA"

Another "mark" I have not seen before is an I (looks like a steel I-Beam) over the word BEAM and under that "by Imperial Schrade Corp.

Oh, also gives the Ellenville address for warranty returns...

copyright, 1993 Imperial Schrade Corp. Ellenville, NY 12428....

regards,

dannyb

Saw some on Ebay but didn't know what the steel is like. How do these compare to Victorinox?

The I-beam is their trademark for the patented clampack design. The same marking can be seen on the cards of most U.S. Schrades in clampacks.

Codger

mrd74 said:
Saw some on Ebay but didn't know what the steel is like. How do these compare to Victorinox?

I can't fairly make that comparison as I am not familiar with Victorinox other than the name/reputation. That given, and at the risk of appearing to be dis'ing "Schrade", I would have to say the Victorinox would be much superior.. Still, they "appear" to be pretty well made. As for durability, from my account, we'll probably never know, one, because I acquired them due to their Schrade association, two, not a knife I would normally carry/use. The larger one is tang stamped ISC over STAINLESS over GERMANY. The smaller one, at least the one I've opened, has no tang stamp but the depiction on the card does. I haven't opened the other small one yet. I got two of those because although the same knife, one comes with a nylon sheath...

Blades on both are RAZOR sharp, all tools have smooth action with nice, crisp snap both ways...

For less than two bucks a piece.... got a piece of history...

dannyb

OBTW, did you happen to note how much they went for on ebay?? The proprietor has about ten more of the small ones. maybe I could apply some of those "Limited Addition", "Anniversary" medallions and sell them for enough of a profit to retire!!!
Oh well... maybe not.... conscience is a good thing..

I bought a couple of the Irish Schrades for the same reason. No, I'll never use them enough to determine the failure point, much less learn their strengths and weaknesses, but in historical context, they were/are of interest. I might just do a brief research rant on these German knives. Was Boker the maker? Anyone know?

Thanks for bringing this up dannybee. It is yet another series that deserves some exploration and explanation!:thumbup:

Codger

Back