Cf/s90v 940-1

Part of me says I don't need s90v, just get the green alum version. Other part says I would already be spending $180, why not just go all out!

This model looks like the cheery pick of the BM 2014 production offerings.I will have wait and see what the MAP price will be and decide if the value is there for me.Seems to be a ton a choices out there with CF and abrasion resistant steels in the pipeline this year.I have to keep in mind the economics and make good value to price decisions and not impulse purchases.Nice looking knife!

Me too! After years of waiting I bought one anyway, just a couple days before they announced this and I hate it (the green and purple). I could kick myself...

New 940 owner this week thought I WOULDNT like green and purple.. Instead I LOVE it.... Dunno why.

Well, I just gave the wife that side-long comment, "Ya know honey, If there was a knife that I WOULD buy and send back to the factory for centering afterwards, it's the 940-1 I've been looking at." :D We'll have to see where this goes...;)

Well, I just gave the wife that side-long comment, "Ya know honey, If there was a knife that I WOULD buy and send back to the factory for centering afterwards, it's the 940-1 I've been looking at." :D We'll have to see where this goes...;)

Too funny - good luck!!! :thumbup: :D

Are you guys planning on buying this to use/edc or just have for the collection and play with? I love the look of the CF but couldn't imagine spending that kind of loot and not even use it, wish I'd be afraid to

Does anyone know if there are anodized barrel spacers available that will fit the 940? I'm sure. The blue will look great but I would really like to be able to swap in a set of red spacers. I know some of you do a lot of parts swaps and customization so if anyone knows what size the spacers are in the 940 it would help me in my search for a set of red ones. Thanks.

I really like S90V. I am on the fence about carbon fiber composite. I know it is light and fairly strong. Since I am not going to use the handle to change lug nut or anything like that, it should be good for EDC. I know it is more expensive than 940, but I would like to carry this.

Was anyone who had bad experience with CF handle?

MFL

One of my concerns is people say the normal 940 has great balance. The CF is listed at 0.50oz's lighter. Wouldn't that throw off the balance and make it blade heavy?

Depends what you want/what you prefer. I have one of the REI CF 940s (940S-701) and the CF version definitely balances more toward the blade. I don't think it's better or worse, but it is different.

Back