CF Spydies, mounted, pics!

some time ago, i posted that i had framed my cf civie, cricket, ladybug and dragonfly.

i finally got around to uploading a couple of bad pictures (cut me a little slack on the pics, its my first digital camera, and im still learning its ways.) again, the pics are bad, but you get the idea!

anyway, here are the pics:

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/kraushome/CFspydies.html

now make me another CF model, so i have to re-do it :)

I think your photo expectations must be high, if you're apologizing for those 2 pics. I like them, particularly the second one. If your camera ins't a single lens reflex, it is awfully hard to get used to exactly what will appear from a rangefinder.

I haven't really gotten into digital cameras for 3 years or so. Bought one for work then, but know there are many advancements, including the LED viewfinders. Don't know if they show exactly what you get or not. WYSIWYG is wonderful in a viewfinder.

Keep up the good work.

I like 'em. I never realized the CF cricket was so cute. How much do those go for anyway?

Is that custom made? Could you tell us a little more about it, I have been looking for ways to show off my Spydies as well. It looks very nice. :cool:

Shmackey: I have seen them on eBay and at local knife stores (now sold out) for $90 - $120 but I don't see them for sale very often (or any other CF model for that matter), grab them if you can...

Ben

Nice!

Got my first knife coming that I want to frame. Did you make it yourself or had you someone do i for you?

The frame and glas isn´t to hard to come by but what did you use as backgroundmaterial, PVC, Styrofoam, or...?

/Colinz

Beautiful job Rich! :cool:

I am waiting on a CF Ladybug 50/50 to complete my collection. :D
I would love to frame all four as you have done.
Would you be willing to share a list of the materials that you used for the project?

Thanks in advance,

thanks for the kind words guys.

this was a DIY project, one trip to the local craft/art store (michales) got all the stuff.

total framing cost was about 15 bucks.

the frame is a "box frame" made from plastic/lucite. this is a shallow 5 sided plastic box. this "frame" (they are sold as frames) includes a cardboard liner of sorts that nests inside the frame.

i cut out the inside of the cardboard liner and filled the void with an inch or so of polyfil.

the knives are attached to a piece of stiff grey felt via their own clips, slipped through slits in the felt. (the ladybug is simply pinched between the frame and the felt)

the boarder arround the knives is a standard double matt with an 8X10 inner opening.

Thanks Rich!

I hear the art/craft store calling to me.;)

I'll get some pics up once its done, but it
might take me awhile.

Back