Cg Sfno Death Chat

I like flat grinds more than saber, but in the SFNO the flat grind seems to yield a knife that it too light -for me-.

A flat grind but with a thicker blade would be better.

Agreed! That is why I finally broke down and traded my CG SFNO for the ASH-1 and GW I have now. An SFNO in the same thickness as the ASH and with a flat grind would be the perfect mid-size blade in my estimation.

BUMP for the SFNO. Jerry should offer an option of both full flat ground and saber. :thumbup: Along with an LE!

Got an ASH-1 and a HR so looking to get one of these blades to find the best mid sized knife.

CG saber grind and the same thickness as the ASH-1 would be good but I would settle for .25 or the same as my HR.

Is there any other knife in Busse history that has had 18 pages of requests for reissue? The customer is always right and the customers want SFNOs!!! Of all the Busse's I've handled, it is the flat ground CG SFNO that goes on my belt or in my pack first.

Yes! Big NMFBM is nice, and I ordered One, but if it had been the SNFO combat Grade Saber Grind up there..... I WOULD HAVE ORDERED 5! There has to come a time where Jerry has to Feed his HOGS what they want! :) especially like the one I saw on the forums a couple of days ago with big Scaled Mag handles.. what a beautiful knife it is! It will be like the ASH1 all over again in sales volume. It seems like there are tons of custom SNFOs available at almost every Ganza in some configuration, but that's NOT what we want... most hogs want an affordable User knife, that they can take out and use, and maybe order a couple with fancy options like double cut and tan black option or LE, for safe queens. Man it just gets me excited thinking about it.. Next I would like to see a Steel heart II anniversary, a badger attack anniversary, a FSH remake, and then something like a Microtech Currahee or RAT 3 in INFI, eventually, how many knife designs of originality can there be? you have to start just making variations eventually of basic designs. I do hope the sarsquatch might be a regular for a while, its nice. But definately CG SNFO TIME!

Last edited:
He should offer DC and satin as an option. And mag green linen... OH YEAH!! :D

Also I almost forgot... black linen! :cool:

KH made me trade the only one I had... after only one day of ownership:grumpy::D

So yeah, I need a shot at another.

I guess I'll jump on the band wagon and add to the number of us that would like to see a reissue. Sabre ground CG with mags for me. Around .20 thick would be great too.

I just had to find this pic I downloaded from Crafft's post. This is what an SNFO should look like... mag handles, nice CG finish.. It just says' "take me out and use me!" I could not think of a better design for the next home page posting. IT IS TIME! or maybe not, I've spent so much on ASh1s, and buying that I can't really afford to order 5 of these right now! Lets continue this death chant! like the commercial says... "it's my SNFO, and I WANT IT NOW!" :)
DSC020811.jpg

Had to pull out my old pics of my SFNO...

Picked this one up f/a Soldier back f/ Iraq a couple years back. Too big for him to use there so sold it to me for a song... :D

SFNOSheath004.jpg

SFNOSheath003.jpg

SFNOSheath001.jpg

What, that rusty old thing? :confused: :D

Yep,,, Hated it at first but once I got to hold one and beat the snot out if it there is no turning back... This blade is a medium sized chopping machine.. I owned a SFNO and it is an ok chopper but the SAR will destroy it..

I am eventually goin to get the middle hump on the handle sanded down.. Somtimes I wonder if Jerry designs these handles to fit an aliens hand more comfortably that a human... Some of the designs simply make no sense...

The SARq brings a lot to the table, but I still fancy the SFNO and if I had to pick one the SFNO would be on my hip. That being said, I have not used my SFNO except to slice air and I know for a fact that my SARq chops very well.

Back