Chances on an Auto-Axis Benchmade 810 Contego being released?

I have been lusting after the 810 Contego for a long time, it looks like a great heavy duty folding utility/tactical knife. However I think it would be even better with the Auto-Axis mechanism considering its design philosophy.

I have been holding off on buying an 810 Contego because I have a feeling (or more like a wish actually) that Benchmade just may release an Auto-Axis version. Though holding off on buying the 810 Contego in anticipation of an 8100 Auto-Axis Contego is really testing my patience.

What do you guys think, will Benchmade release an 8100 Auto-Axis Contego? Does Benchmade usually make their future products known or do they just release new models without much notice? I really love Benchmade and I really want a 8100 Auto-Axis Contego, it would be such an great utility/tactical folder. However if they don't release one I'll have to (happily) settle for the 810 Contego and maybe another Auto-Axis Benchmade.

I think now would be a good time to either order the 940 Osbourne or the 140 Nimravus to temporaruly satiate my Benchmade lust until I find out about the status of an 8100 Auto-Axis Contego, they are two other knives I want but not as much as the 810 Contego or really the 8100 Auto-Axis Contego ideally.

*If they don't release an 8100 Auto-Axis Contego what do you guys think would be the closest knife they provide that would fill the same role? The Benchmade 2750 Auto-Axis Adamas...the Benchmade 8600 Auto-Axis Bedlam? What else?

No clue as to if they're going to release an Auto Contego, but you can check out the Auto-Rift...similar design and philosophy.

I'm not a huge f an of the auto axis knives. I own one, but it's not as good as other button lock autos. I'd love to see the secondary lock on the regular Contego though.

I'm not a huge f an of the auto axis knives. I own one, but it's not as good as other button lock autos. I'd love to see the secondary lock on the regular Contego though.

I much prefer a manual Axis based knife. I'm so used to flipping the (say 710) closed, I still have to look at the knife (say 580) and while closing two handed is easy enough it's still too complicated.

I'm fairly certain that 5 of the 5.92 oz on the 810 are in that huge M4 blade. If you've ever experienced the auto Adamas, you know how hard it opens... The recoil of an auto 810 would just be silly. My 810 can be swung open without touching the thumb stud or the axis lock. An auto version would be slightly redundant.

Back