Changes to the Warranty

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
I've made a few modifications to my warranty, and wanted to let y'all know about it. It still covers satisfaction, and failure of the product during intended usage tasks. Buying a Fiddleback product is a no risk venture as always.

-The first change is that I limited the time a person has to decide they aren't satisfied with a knife to one month after recieving it. This is because I had one returned that had been in a safe for a year because the guy liked the new models better.

-The second change was to add a specific warranty for the machetes.

-The third change was to add a stupidity policy. This seems like common sense to me but had to be said because of a bad apple. If you misuse your knife, then you are responsible for its failure. If the knife fails while being used as designed, then its my fault. And yes, this policy was generated because of some real world dumbass who got a free knife after acting like a git.

It can always be read in my Lineup and Contact thread stickied at the top of my forum. BTW. I always list my base prices there too.

Here is the policy in entirety:

"Warranty- I back my knives with a satisfaction guarantee. When you get the knife it should make you happy. If it doesn't, return it in unused condition within the first month you own it. I'll refund your purchase price, plus shipping (domestic) back home to me when I receive the knife in unused condition. I guarantee my work to be free from mechanical defects under normal usage, and will repair or replace such a knife/problem as necessary as long as I remain able to make knives. Natural handle materials such as stag, bone, wood, pearl and ivory may shrink, crack, and/or discolor with change in temperature, or humidity or age. As this is normal, expected, and can normally be avoided with maintenance these issues would not be covered under this warranty.

Machete Warranty - Machete's are guaranteed for satisfactiion on arrival same as my knives. I also guarantee that the blade won't break, and the handle won't pop off. Either of those two happen, and you get a new machete. However, edge damage is common to machete's, and to be expected from machetes, and is therefore not covered under my warranty. File it out like any other machete and go on having fun cutting.

Stupidity - I don't cover stupidity. Ask yourself why your knife failed. If you're batonning a skinner, then you have fallen into the stupidity catagory. They're designed to cut flesh. I can likely fix your knife, and will do it as cost effective as possible, but you are not getting a free knife. Skinners, kitchen knives, Nessmuks etc are designed, and intended to be used for their specific intended function. Get an outdoor knife with a thicker edge if you are gung ho batonning through knotty wood. I believe this is common sense, but it had to be said."

Last edited:
Makes perfect sense to me. Now when are you getting the next batch of Bushfingers? :D

Your warranty is a bit different since you live nearby and are well armed.:D

I personally think "no questions asked" warranties are stupid on the part of the maker/manufacturer. Like you said, there's always dumbasses out there that will take advantage.

Sounds fair to me, funny how common sense and common courtesy have gotten so uncommon over the years..........

I have a problem with your warranty - If someone buys your knife they should pay the shipping back if they don't like it. This will help stop people from grabbing your stuff on an impulse buy and shutting those of us out who actually want the knife but are late to the show

Just saying -

I have a problem with your warranty - If someone buys your knife they should pay the shipping back if they don't like it. This will help stop people from grabbing your stuff on an impulse buy and shutting those of us out who actually want the knife but are late to the show

Just saying -

I agree with this. Don't reimburse shipping.

Just saying -

I agree with this. Don't reimburse shipping.

So far this has never happened. Not once in over 600 knives has anyone returned one and asked for a label. It makes purchasing a Fiddleback knife a no risk situation. I'll consider your suggestion though.

-The first change is that I limited the time a person has to decide they aren't satisfied with a knife to one month after recieving it. This is because I had one returned that had been in a safe for a year because the guy liked the new models better.

[/B]

Seriously?

Some Asshat had the gall to let one of your knives sit in a safe for a year without actually using it????

That is just plain wrong!

Oh, wait, I guess the problem is that he sent it back after neglecting it for a year as well.

Would never happen here. Either the sending back, or sitting unused for a year!

Letting it sit is his business. I wasn't offended. I wasn't even mad to let him have credit for his purchase price toward a new Fiddleback (his choice). But I can't have everyone just deciding they like a new model better and sending their collections back to get renewed.

Some people just do not have common sense regarding the style of a knife and using it.

If you want a knife that cuts really well then you are always going to have a trade off between cutting efficiency and edge durability.

That said I would much rather thicken up a thin edge to comply with my use pattern than thin down a thick one;)

Some people just do not have common sense regarding the style of a knife and using it.

If you want a knife that cuts really well then you are always going to have a trade off between cutting efficiency and edge durability.

That said I would much rather thicken up a thin edge to comply with my use pattern than thin down a thick one;)

Exactly.

Back