Chattanooga Overland Adventure Festival

Mistwalker

Gold Member
Some friends and acquaintances are putting together a really cool event for this spring called The Chattanooga Overland Adventure Festival. It is going to be a lot of fun for the whole family. There will be multiple presentations and learning stations, and I will be participating in a few ways.

I will be doing a presentation on knife safety and basic knife skills. I will be speaking on the historical uses of knives and the development of blade profiles and geometries, and demonstrating some of them in their intended uses. In the field craft presentation I will be working with organic materials, to fashion and produce field expedient tools and utensils from a sort of primitive living aspect. I will also be doing doing a presentation on wet conditions fire starting since it will be a spring time event.

Another thing we are looking into is how to best set up a projector so that I can do my slideshow presentations on fauna and flora, with identifications pf some of the indigenous wildlife and many of the indigenous plants and their uses and hazards.

It will be held at the Trials Training Center, a 650 acre trails and wilderness complex in Sequatchie Tennessee, just a half hour drive from Chattanooga Tennessee, the weekend of April 26-28. It is very much a family friendly event, with lessons and activities geared toward empowering families to adventure together.

It is a large complex with a mix of trails and wilderness areas, and there are even two waterfalls on the property, one fairly large and one pretty small.

Directions Here
https://trialstrainingcenter.com/location-directions/

There will be overlanding as well, They will be doing staggered group rides of all levels to the surrounding trails throughout the weekend. It’ll be assisted with the Gps App Gaia that will have a 3 month premium subscription free with purchase of the event ticket. Each ride will be supported by a leader and follow up driver/rider and will be according to drivers skill level.

It looks like the pre-registration package is going to be $125 for the weekend, which is per family not per individual, and is supposed to include not only the passes for all of the events, but also come with a small adventure kit that includes a headlamp a small knife and a fire steel, plus it also includes primitive camping accommodations on site. All in all a really sweet deal

There are three tickets that include the larger cabins which are $220 each.

At the gate ticket prices are $120 for tickets plus primitive camping, or $60 dollars for just the passes to the events. At the gate pricing does not include the adventure kit.

Also there are other options for accommodations as well. Besides the primitive camping areas and the cabins, there are several motels just 20 minutes from the sight in Jasper TN and Kimball TN. If you click on the acomodations tab near the top of the page their are links for all of the hotels in the area.

I will pass on more information and details as I have them And for more information you can contact David at ChattanoogaOverlandAdventure@gmail.com
51351548_146127956301375_4011186682060603392_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a blast! Too far for me, but that looks really cool. Good luck with it!

I think it will be a blast.

The Kershaw Skyline and Princeton Tec Byte are the knife and light being given out in the adventure kits that come with the pre-order ticks, and there will also be a compass and ferro rod, as well as a few other things that are a value greater than the price of the ticket.
20190417_115717_1.jpg

Classic Blades of Fort Oglethorpe Georgia, just a few miles south of Chattanooga, one of our sponsors, and they are given a coupon for 25% off their merchandise in the pre-order tickets and 15% for tickets bought at the gate

Battlefield Outdoors, also in Fort Oglethorpe is giving a 15% off coupon at the gate

Among the topics of discussion will be how to identify and avoid problems from some of the areas more toxic residents of the region
DSC_9441%20-%20Copy.jpg

DSC_6987.jpg

DSC_5973.jpg

DSC_3635.jpg

And along with the workshop on knife safety and knife techniques, I will also be discussing the advantages and disadvantages of a fixed blades and folding knives by comparison. As well as comparing and contrasting the advantages and disadvantages of different blade profiles.
20190417_134132.jpg

We will also be giving out several fire starters from Exotac as contest prizes.
20190417_122748_1.jpg

20190417_122754.jpg

Last edited:
Back