Cheap leather belt sheath for a Mora 2/0/small pukko?

Pretty much says it. I need a leather (preferably) sheath to fit a Mora 2/0, which is the tiny twin of the Mora No.2. The only sheath I can find that says right out that it's meant for a Mora 2/0 is from a company selling on Etsy. I got one, but it turns out that it only has a single thin leather suspension loop, not large enough for a belt. Looks like it was meant to be a neck sheath, and now I notice that most pukko knife sheaths have the same loop. I can hang it from a clip on my belt, but I worry about the leather loop tearing, and it dangles too much. I'd like a pukko-style sheath in leather that will securely fit a 2/0. I've seen some that are meant for larger knives that might fit, but I am not sure they will fit properly. Even a more conventional style would be fine if it fits properly. But I can't find ANY sheath (except that one) for a Mora 2/0. I don't understand it, since they are pretty popular knives, relatively. And I can't see many people being satisfied with the awful black plastic stock sheath that comes with it.
I've been using the leather Etsy sheath as a neck knife sheath, and I'm happy enough with it; it has a secure friction fit that I trust to retain the knife, but for some reason they made it almost two inches longer than the actual knife blade, which takes up space, makes the knife look larger and "scarier" than it needs to, and having no reinforcement tends to bend and is forming a permanent crimp mark right at the point where the actual tip ends. I could understand if the sheath was made to fit a size larger as well, but it is far to narrow to fit the No.3.
So if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks.
Oh, and by "cheap" I mean under $50. I really can't justify paying more than that for something i don't really NEED right now. But I'd be curious to see anything, if it's available.

Make it yourself.
I don't have a lot of time or any experience making leather goods. I assumed it would be far cheaper and easier for me to just buy one than to source leather, awl, needle, cord/gut and teach myself how to make a knife sheath during my off hours. If I seriously can't find a single suitable belt sheath anywhere I may have to resort to your suggestion. I would have though that such a thing would have been available.
If I DO do all that, I'm sure it wouldn't be the last one I make. Maybe worth doing anyway. Good idea.

I don't have a lot of time or any experience making leather goods. I assumed it would be far cheaper and easier for me to just buy one than to source leather, awl, needle, cord/gut and teach myself how to make a knife sheath during my off hours. If I seriously can't find a single suitable belt sheath anywhere I may have to resort to your suggestion. I would have though that such a thing would have been available.
If I DO do all that, I'm sure it wouldn't be the last one I make. Maybe worth doing anyway. Good idea.

Check out the "Tutorials and WIP links" in the stickys at the top of this forum.

O.B.

Back