Check this out....

i have used the bake on paint before, but it would not hold up on a thumbstud under heavy use. not the most durable of finishes.

the coating on the thumbstuds would need to be blk-ti or blk-tb. how ever to be cost effective, we have have to do a large qty batch. it costs the same for 1pc or 500pc. even at our planned 50 piece tactical strider folder run, the single fee for only 50 thumbstuds is too high to justify the coating and make it reasonably affordable to the end user.

we'll see what other options we have. we might try to piggy back them with some blades.

First I would like to say Nice Choice for the winner of the photo contest. Get some "GD" Get some.

And Thanks for getting my knives to me before I left for the sand box.
My folder was never far from my hand, I used it to cut everything, "String, Tape, Wire, boxes, one crew chief, and a Tent." reshape some 2X4's,"Its like having a mini axe", even hammer nails in to wall lockers, "hooks are hard to find. so are hammers".
Love that 006 GB. Thanks Strider Guys.

Second Will the tritum insert thumb stud be installable on to existing folders? And what kind of cost / time?

Back