Checking Out The HEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah... Old news. First of all the DPx HEST is not comparable to any blade. It has a large handle, thick blade and hollow handle for storage, lightness and balance. It has a pry bar, it has brass screws and its unique.

The IZULA is exactly what you need for a necker or light EDC. You can own both and never feel like you should have left one behind.

A better discussion should be what are the exact specs for the perfect knife....

:))

woah... Old news. First of all the DPx HEST is not comparable to any blade. It has a large handle, thick blade and hollow handle for storage, lightness and balance. It has a pry bar, it has brass screws and its unique.

The IZULA is exactly what you need for a necker or light EDC. You can own both and never feel like you should have left one behind.

A better discussion should be what are the exact specs for the perfect knife....

:))

I know it's old...didn't expect it to get brought back up so quickly...I just asked Tony to move this here since they were relocating HEST threads from the ESEE forum to here.

No real comparison to the Izula, I have both...had two of each actually, and still have the two HESTs... but if choosing only one to take with me I take the HEST anywhere I want to go and feel a lot more confident with it.

I do have one of the remaining Rowen-made HESTs en route. They've been drying up pretty fast. Am looking forward to trying it out. It's going to have to keep me satisfied for a while. Found out I did not make the first cut on the Hest folders, so I'm going to have to steer clear of this forum for a while when the folder reports start pouring in. I won't be able to handle the sheer jealousy, and I might do something stupid like demand my money back unless my knife is shipped by a certain time. :D

I do have one of the remaining Rowen-made HESTs en route. They've been drying up pretty fast. Am looking forward to trying it out. It's going to have to keep me satisfied for a while. Found out I did not make the first cut on the Hest folders, so I'm going to have to steer clear of this forum for a while when the folder reports start pouring in. I won't be able to handle the sheer jealousy, and I might do something stupid like demand my money back unless my knife is shipped by a certain time. :D

Ha, that's funny. I have two of the Rowen made HESTs from when they still had the RAT logo on them, one is from the original numbered series even, but a friend is eyeballing one of them pretty hard. I may have to let it go to him so I'll have a better excuse (as far as the wife is concerned) when the new fixed come out. I can't handle the cost on a folder right now so I didn't even try to make the cut, but I am hoping to get one later. Robert's description of the coming fixed blades has me very intrigued though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back