Chest rig

willrise

Gold Member
Is the chest rig pretty stable, does it move a lot side to side etc. can you run in it?
What do you think would be the biggest balde size that would be suitable for the chest rig
Thanks

I have a chest rig I purchased from www.survivalsheath.com a couple years ago for a fallkniven F1. Is it stable? Yes. Can you run in it? I haven't tried, but I think I could pretty easily. I have a 50" chest, and I think the F1 is about as large as I would want to go for my application, but you could probably get away with an S1 if it is the only thing on your chest. I have worn this in the field well over 300 times over all types of terrain on long and short hikes. I wear it in between (and under) my pack straps every time I hit the trail or the woods. I do get some strange looks on some of the more populated trails, but never any serious problem with perceptions....lol....I think people have more issue with the total package since I am usually packing either a Navigator or Scout by Kifaru both in OD Green. construction, fit, and finish are all excellent. Delivery time and communication were both a little slow, but you have to remember that this is a custom built product built by a one man shop, and I have to assume Robert has other things to do with his life than make, communicate about, and talk kydex 24/7. I am extremely happy with my purchase all this time later, and have no qualms whatsoever recommending it to anyone. The only thing I would change at all is to have a wider over the shoulder portion of the attachment system. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks, i have many sheath made by SS but neve a chest rig
Thanks again

It is stable depending on how tight you adjust it. The gun version has me hopping now like crazy. Sorry for the slow response. Business is nuts!

Back