Chicago Area?

I'll bring a few spare chairs. I have two good ones and one that has a few holes in it. A certain jerk (not a part of our group) was throwing CO2 canisters in our camping fire an burned holes in one of my chairs. He also burned holes in my pants and my cutting board. I am always glad to help out and look forward to seeing everyone!

John - looking forward to seeing your improved knife and everything else for sale/trade. I'll bring a few C-notes and some items.

Cool - it will be good catching up with you!

dang it, I have to work Saturday. You guys have fun, I'll miss everyone.
John S.

Bummer, John!! We'll take some pictures for 'ya.

I'll bring a couple JKs for sale/trade and some other knives - maybe a Benchmade and / or Spyderco. I'll bring some ZT's to coon-finger, and perhaps a big Busse if I can fit it into the bike.

best

mqqn

I just picked up a new bag and a couple of organizers from Vanquest that I can bring. I'm still in the process of converting over from my Maxpedition bag I've carried for the past three years as well as outfitting my new trauma kit.

OK! I PICKED UP UP A 5TH OF TITO'S VODKA, AND WENT TO JEWEL AND GOT ALL THE GARNISHES TO GO IN THE BLOODY MARY'S i'LL BE MIXING UP TOMORROW!

GOT ABOUT 200 BOOKS TO GIVE AWAY, MOSTLY HARDCOVER, MOSTLY US HISTORY.
EVERYBODY GOT TO TAKE AT LEAST 10 BOOKS HOME!

ANYBODY INTERESTED IN A 7 SHOT, HIGH STANDARD RIOT GUN, IT'S JUST LIKE THE ONE STEVE MCQUEEN SHOT UP THE SQUAD CAR WITH IN "THE GETAWAY" IT'S GOT A WALNUT STOCK AND A BLUE STEEL FINISH SO IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A REAL GUN (because it is).

OK! JUST GOT BACK FROM THE LIQUOR STORE! Picked up Tito's Vodka and all the garnishes so I'll be mixing up Bloody Mary's in the AM. Someone bring some ice!
I am bringing about 200 books, mostly hardcover, mostly US history or Outdoor Sports. EVERYBODY GOT TO TAKE AT LEAST 10 HOME!
(Ok, you bikers can take 3 due to space restraints, ya'll probably can't read any way except maybe for Easy Rider Magazine).

Anybody interested in a High Standard, 7 shot, Riot gun, just like the one used by Steve McQueen in THE GETAWAY.

I'm up and looking at the computer, but it seems like there is something I'm supposed to do or somewhere to go today?

"Time to load up the scooter and head to the JK compound!" jbarsquat

That's what it is! Now, must find pants.

Just got home. John, I can't thank you enough for being a awesome host.
Scott, I'll be in touch on the KaBar.
Andy, it was nice owning the Twig Mangler. Even if it was temporary :p. ( for those that don't know, I accidentally packed it up with my stuff. I still feel terrible:oops:).
It was great meeting and seeing everyone there. :thumbsup:

Just rode into Mapleton - nice cruise home, only a little traffic (wreck on 30 at the westbound 55 entrance - had to wait there or a little bit) -

Thanks to Brad for the salad in a cup and the books!!
Brad makes a mean cup o salad, and he uses some kind of excellent dressing called Tito's or something.
IMG_20170805_085455619.jpg

IMG_20170805_085533475.jpg

I believe he was using Greatscoot's Rule Number 9 to chop the fixins'.

IMG_20170805_085500408.jpg

IMG_20170805_085503486.jpg

Brad also brought a huge selection of books. If you came in a 4-wheeled vehicle, you were required to take 10 books, motorcycles were required to take 3. I took four - and will enjoy reading them!

IMG_20170805_085521325_HDR.jpg

Looking through Brad's box of Kershaw knives -
IMG_20170805_085551814_HDR.jpg

Jbar's FZ 9 - it sounded even better than it looks!

IMG_20170805_092952031_HDR.jpg

The Trump Knife. Never before has so much Chitanium garnered more attention. It was HUGE.
IMG_20170805_112130164_HDR.jpg

Near the nap time in the early afternoon. Connie, aka the Boss, made some delicious sloppy joes and homemade pickle slices - yummy! Then she even made fresh, warm, homemade oatmeal and peanut butter cookies! Thanks Boss!!!

IMG_20170805_114023740_HDR.jpg

Brad liked my Busse Knecker.
IMG_20170805_124550880.jpg

Zenful1, Uncle Bill, and Rupestris enjoying the afternoon - it was 74 and breezy - can't beat that !
IMG_20170805_124554468_HDR.jpg

Kirill and Uncle Bill next to Kirill's FZR1300.
IMG_20170805_142455943_HDR.jpg

Rupestris showing us a cool police scanner app on his computer.
IMG_20170805_142507840.jpg

Thanks to John and Connie for the great day, and to all who made it out to talk, trade, buy, sell and have a good time with friends.

best

mqqn

Last edited:
IMG_2991.JPG Great pics Andy! I enjoy good conversations and there were a lot of those going on today. Sorry to hear I missed out on the oatmeal peanut butter cookies. Thanks again for having us John. I brought home three books, two knives, and a folding saw.

I thought I had a new "biggest knife" but it is clearly tied for biggest and didn't edge out my Richmond gyuto. It's not a perfect picture but they are identical in overall length.

Back