Children Notice Everything

JHB

My wife came home last night from a trip. She had brought back an animal carved piece of soap for our son (4) and he wanted to use to take a shower. So he struggled to open it, I told him I'd help and reached for one of my knives I had left on the china closet earlier, I opened the knife (a Queen Swing Guard) and opened the soap. While this is going on he looks at my wife and declares "when I get big going to carry a knife just like that." My wife rolled her eye's and said "Yes, when you get bigger." I said nothing just gave the :D.

This morning, we walked the kids as a family over to school. My daughter (almost 2, where does the time go?) was eating a waffle along the way and crumbs all over her face. My wife asked if I any tissues or napkins with me. Now normally, in my bag I do have a bag of tissues but tonight, she and I are headed to a wedding so I didn't have my bag with me. Fortunately, I did have a bandanna folded in my left pocket and took it out to wipe the little one's face.

My son, asks as we continue walking to school "Daddy, can I carry one of those when I get big." I'd like to say I told him here start now, but I had no spare to offer him. Instead, I had to settle for "anytime you have a pocket you can have one."

Anyway wanted to say thanks to all for helping bring a little folksy home to a new generation. And for all celebrating happy fathers day.

JB

Ain't kids great? :D

Teaching them isn't a classroom thing. The whole world is their classroom, you just have to put everything out there for them to try.

Back