Chinese Rat 2 - disappointed

Can't believe I purchase this Camo not knowingly its knocked, then try to swap the pocket clip with the Real Taiwanese one, guess what! it don't fit. Also the Chinese one is MUCH heavier. Totally disappointed...How low can these Chinese thieves go. I think I saw some Chinese Rat 1s also.

Was this via eBay? I've been in touch with them to try to do something about that. Do you have a link or the username of who you bought it from?

I do... the listing I saw had the manufacturer listing blank, and had "ontario" in the description. Loophole?

Ebay sellers "6_50874" and "pan5514" to name a couple

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Was this via eBay? I've been in touch with them to try to do something about that. Do you have a link or the username of who you bought it from?

Yes I got this off eBay but from a private seller. I wasn't paying attention. But assume all the available Rat 2 offered for sale "from China" is fake. And they price them mid $20s. And one more thing that even frustrate me is some Rat 1s is popping up for $15

I think eBay need to suspend sellers from China that sells fake. Just like early year 2005 when brand name like LV Chanel sue eBay. Then they do something about it

It is obviously when sellers from China, selling Rat 2 Rat 1 Taiwan made knife, but origin is China? Then even more frustrating is that they marked Taiwan on blade? Someone from China is buying knives, especially popular ones, copy by mass qty and resell them. Especially now eBay has open their door to China.

Here is one source. Search eBay item number 201504673885

There are handful of sellers but must of came from one China factory.

Why do people buy factory knives from ebay? Unless you know for sure that the seller is legitimate, any factory knife on ebay should be considered counterfeit until proven otherwise. You're just fueling the fire for counterfeiters.

Why do people buy factory knives from ebay? Unless you know for sure that the seller is legitimate, any factory knife on ebay should be considered counterfeit until proven otherwise. You're just fueling the fire for counterfeiters.
I get what you mean but really, who thinks it's worth the money to copy a knife legitimately available for $32.00?

If you can make it for $5 and sell it for $20 that would be all the reason they need.
Again, I get the argument but to me, it would be like counterfeiting a 5 dollar bill... they're leaving allot on the table by ripping off the rat instead of say, a pm2.

I'm sure the counterfeiters would make a fake $5 bill if they could.... There's pretty much no way to understand why they bother making counterfeits of everything. Why bother counterfeiting when they could make their own designs and brands? Most of the counterfeits seem to be coming from the Communist People's Republic of China. That might be one reason why they make counterfeits of everything. The Communist government there subsidizes all manufacturing. So every $1 leaving the USA and coming into their coffers is one more $1 going into their military buildup. In 10 years, Communist China could surpass the USA militarily. And that will be a big problem, as Communist China is a totalitarian government that doesn't give a rat's ass about individual rights or any other country's international law rights.

If there's a demand they'll fake it. There's only so many fake paras you can flood the market with.

This is a good heads up. Bet a lot of these end up on the second hand market and sold as the real thing. Buyer beware

I'll admit to purchasing a couple knock-offs Rat-02, with the intent of using the scales, however they don't fit. Shame on me.

Dang it.

I think I just fell for this scam too. Shame on me.

I didn't figure that a thirty dollar knife would be worth all the effort of counterfeiting. When I saw them listed in the low 20's I just figured that I had found a good deal.

Crap. Hope they're at least decent

Last edited:
Dang it.

I think I just fell for this scam too. Shame on me.

I didn't figure that a thirty dollar knife would be worth all the effort of counterfeiting. When I saw them listed in the low 20's I just figured that I had found a good deal.
Sadly the Chinese clone anything. They even have fake baby milk that kills lots of children. Luckily most people know not to buy it anymore. But it's now more expensive and a hassle to get.

The cloners just want money.

Back