Chiruwa Ang Khola 1/2 inch thick

Where else in the whole wide world are you gonna get a response like that? Me thinks your impressions of the company is on the up swing rapidly.

WOW! I love my blades just that much more! :thumbup:Aunti:thumbup:
Rod...Now you and a buddy can pop front and back door at the same time!

Hey Rod. Please don't hate on Auntie and HI! Trust me, this business is as legit and ethical as any I have yet seen. Nobody on this forum is paid to praise HI but we all do. And for good reason. Repute and trust are not earned in a day :).

Definitely call or email Yangdu ASAP! She said she was at the shack packing knives a few hours ago she should be answering emails anytime.

I did it brother... and the answer was... "Greetings,

Glad the knife made it OK.
When our shop are moving here and there the new manager did not do well and this is the result and now I am changing the manager again.
It has been very rough time for HI.
When you order another knife in future just remind me and I will give to a great discount.

Thank you
Yangdu
Uncle Bill at Peace"

That´s why i´m with a bad taste from this business...

Now that i said it on the forum they wanna send me another kukri... Well... Thanks... But i don´t want it. I´m a very serious guy. Don´t like this kinda thing!

Thank you for your patience!

Rodrigo Barreto de Souza

When our shop are moving here and there the new manager did not do well and this is the result and now I am changing the manager again.
When you order another knife in future just remind me and I will give to a great discount.

Thank you
Yangdu
Uncle Bill at Peace"

Now that i said it on the forum they wanna send me another kukri... Well... Thanks... But i don´t want it. I´m a very serious guy. Don´t like this kinda thing!

Rodrigo Barreto de Souza
To be honest I never measured my Kukris thickness to see if they are up to specs. They all just seemed more than thick enough :)
However I can see how this disappointed you since you expected something different from what you got.
The thing is they are handmade and a few hits more with a hammer and they might end up thinner than the original spring leaf. No biggy. To be more exact HI could give a range of 10-13mm thickness and then there wouldn't be any surprises.
Still I'm curious is 10mm the max thickness or is it 10mm more towards the tip where the Kukri becomes thinner??

To be honest I never measured my Kukris thickness to see if they are up to specs. They all just seemed more than thick enough :)
However I can see how this disappointed you since you expected something different from what you got.
The thing is they are handmade and a few hits more with a hammer and they might end up thinner than the original spring leaf. No biggy. To be more exact HI could give a range of 10-13mm thickness and then there wouldn't be any surprises.
Still I'm curious is 10mm the max thickness or is it 10mm more towards the tip where the Kukri becomes thinner??

Nope... it´s the max thickness.

Secondly... i was very specific about what i want it. She told me the price for it and i didn´t bargain it... so i paid US$343,00 for a very specific demand... (US$68,00 was for the shipping).

I'm kinda split on this. Methinks rod is taking this maybe a bit too hard but on the other hand I can understand his frustration. People work hard for their money and expectations should be high for that price tag. But ms. Yangdu is offering to make it right and I think your pride is getting the better of you. Take the knife!

Well what .....did you expect to hear? She went well beyond what any other company would have done be it public on this forum or private on the phone. Sorry to hear you are the one who decided to prejudge this company on a single human error. We are all serious people as well and thats why we have selected some serious tools and come back again and again for more serious tools. You came to this forum to ask our opinions if I recall and we gave you them in all seriousness and you accepted them. I myself hope you reconsider and accept Yandus offer and apologies as they are professionally executed in my opinion and in all sincerity. Thank you in advance for your patience brother I hope you find what your looking for be it here or there.

Thank you
Yangdu
Uncle Bill at Peace"

Rodrigo Barreto de Souza

I understand your dissapointment on both points but most importantly it's the final result you need. Take Yangdu up on her offer. Even if you never come back here or to HI again you deserve what you paid for.

Rodericus:

I also urge you to accept Yangdu's most recent offer to send you a CAK made to your original specs, and for you to keep the one that you have without paying for it. For one thing, you deserve to get what you ordered and paid for.

Many people on this forum have asked for and received knives with particular requirements, including extra thick. Most of the time it works well, occasionally there are errors or miscommunications. In this case, probably due to the shop moving, a new manager, and Yangdu up to her neck in all of it, it looks like you were sent a regular CAK. That was mistake #1.

Apparently, Yangdu underestimated how important that extra strength was to you, and what it would take to make it right. Most of the time she corrects problems like this quickly and completely, but obviously her offer of a future discount didn't do it in this case. That was mistake #2.

You have a legitimate point that her last offer was only after you complained on this forum. But look at it another way: Himalayan Imports is a very small company -- Yangdu in the U.S., Pala in Nepal, and maybe a couple of dozen people in Nepal making knives: the kamis, their apprentices and sheathmakers. This forum is kind of an unofficial extension of the company: people who think that HI is doing a real service by preserving a great tradition of knifemaking and supporting the kamis in Nepal. Usually complaints are resolved directly with Yangdu, but if it took your posting on the forum to get her attention, that's still HI correcting the problem.

I've had the same reaction as yours with other companies or people at times, where I just don't want to deal with them anymore, but I hope you will reconsider here. HI is really better than that.

-- Dave

Rodericus:

I also urge you to accept Yangdu's most recent offer to send you a CAK made to your original specs, and for you to keep the one that you have without paying for it. For one thing, you deserve to get what you ordered and paid for.

Many people on this forum have asked for and received knives with particular requirements, including extra thick. Most of the time it works well, occasionally there are errors or miscommunications. In this case, probably due to the shop moving, a new manager, and Yangdu up to her neck in all of it, it looks like you were sent a regular CAK. That was mistake #1.

Apparently, Yangdu underestimated how important that extra strength was to you, and what it would take to make it right. Most of the time she corrects problems like this quickly and completely, but obviously her offer of a future discount didn't do it in this case. That was mistake #2.

You have a legitimate point that her last offer was only after you complained on this forum. But look at it another way: Himalayan Imports is a very small company -- Yangdu in the U.S., Pala in Nepal, and maybe a couple of dozen people in Nepal making knives: the kamis, their apprentices and sheathmakers. This forum is kind of an unofficial extension of the company: people who think that HI is doing a real service by preserving a great tradition of knifemaking and supporting the kamis in Nepal. Usually complaints are resolved directly with Yangdu, but if it took your posting on the forum to get her attention, that's still HI correcting the problem.

I've had the same reaction as yours with other companies or people at times, where I just don't want to deal with them anymore, but I hope you will reconsider here. HI is really better than that.

-- Dave

Hey Rod. David and Dirtbiker have a point. Heck, everyone on this forum is wiser than I am. So I could not have said it any better myself.
Don' t let the pride or frustration get to you man. I have been there and trust me, pride/frustration/anger often cause a lot of damage and no good comes out of it. Take the knife because you paid premium price for it. You did not bargain so why should you compromise on what you originally requested?
I hope you take up her offer and I also hope you will post some pictures when you finally get what you asked for. Imagine the beast of a knife you will end up with :)

Who am I not to accept Mrs Yangdu apologies... Of course i accept it.

As for the offer... I let it be decided by Mrs Yangdu herself. She will decide.

I really thanks everyone here for the good judgement and good hearts. No matter what... you guys are very polite and very nice.

Thanks again for ur patience.

ROD

Back