Chitlangi arrives

I was able to purchase a Chitlangi from Uncle Bill of Himalayan Imports. The Chitlangi was made by Kumar ( Im new to these things and the markers) the overall length is 21" with a blade length in a straight line of 14 1/2" a blade thickness of 7/16" at the hilt and a blade thickness of 5/16" at 1" back from the tip. One very nice blade and one heck of a chopper...only the shipping box it came in was cut so far and that was, huh boring...need some good brush with I dont have till it grows back....The handle is wood with carvings and has a nice grain pattern with no cracks. Both pieces on the handle are brass with the pommel having a sharp edge between the pommel fitting and handle with was fixed with a bead of super glue running around the edge, feels great now. I should have scanned a pic of the karda, chakma and scabbard rig...its perfect...another great deal from Himalayan Imports and Uncle Bill
Thanks again Uncle Bill!
sweet-148.jpg

sweet-149.jpg

sweet-150.jpg

sweet-151.jpg

I want one - great looking knife !! There is a small notch just below the cho, would'nt it be better if that was turned around to act as more of a gaurd ?? thought

Back