Chitlangi by Kesar. Pix and deal.

I have no reservations about this 18 inch 20 ounce Chitlangi. Kesar hit the mark. It's near 60 Rc at the edge and overall very good work. Nice woodchuck handle. Neat karda and chakma. Fine scabbard and frog by village sarki in new leather. The scabbard took a hit during shipment and has a crease across the front but didn't break thru thanks to better and thicker leather.

Take this winner home for $125.

Call or email.

Attachments

• pga#4 for 4-16 00 18 inch chitlangi by kesar.jpg
    pga#4 for 4-16 00 18 inch chitlangi by kesar.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 187
Thats right Uncle Bill. If that thing has a horn handle, I would have grabbed it already:) Do you make any carved handles for this blade and can you post a close up picture of the Chitlani handle? Thanks

Abear,

As a preview to the pictures, the wide ring on the handle at the location of the white label, is checkered. As far as I can tell this is a feature of Chitlangis, maybe of the handles with the bell-shaped butt in general. The one I have also has a textured thin ring on either side of the wide checkered one. The last flared ring towards the butt that you hook a finger or two over is smooth like other handles. (Carving that would give me, and maybe even a Nepali, blisters). The bolster is also checkered, and the tangkeeper has decorative notches around the edge. I find the handle very comfortable and secure.

Thanks Frikin
Do you have a wood or horn handled chitlani? Can't wait to see a good picture. Actually, can't wait to get my hands on a real one. I'm gonna get one with my tax return. Common Uncle Sam, send me money for Chitlani. Common Uncle Bill, send me a picture :)

I got it! I have been wanting a Chitlangi in the worst kind of way. Of course, I also wanted a Sirupati, and an Ang Khola. Maybe this will settle me down for a while.

But come to think of it, those M43's really look good, and the WW2 has a usable look about it. Hmmm.

Anyhow, thanks a lot, Uncle Bill. I'm a happy man.

And I've got two little boys that are happy too.

Abear, mines wood.

The checkering makes sanding and oiling the handle "interesting".

I've not seen a horn-handled one, or a photo. Would love to have one. I think this style handle would look great in horn. Especially with steel or silver furniture. And I'm a novice but definitely hooked, woodchuck.

I definately agree. Something silvery looks very good next to black. But steel rust and silver is weak. Actually, how much strength does the fittings provide. Does it really make a difference in how strong the handle is?
:confused:

The bolster is mostly cosmetic. The buttcap is fairly tough and protects the handle from getting chipped and beat up but if you knock it off the handle won't come off. The handle is pretty much there to stay without any help from hardware.

Back