Choice of survival beverage.....

Now I don't want to jump to conclusion bit I have been kind of lurking and posting here for a few weeks. (more lurking than posting) I was thinking since we all like to indulge ourselves in our favorite "adult beverage" (I think we all love when we are posting here) what do you put in your BOB. I know the weight and everything is a factor but what do y'all have ready for WSHF?

I knew I forgot something in my BOB... I have a liter of water in my get home / whatever bag. Never thought to put booze in there, don't drink the stuff on a normal day, let alone a day when one should have their wits about them...

I have some moonshine in my regular hiking bag. :thumbup: And I don't even drink.

Don't drink or not it can sterilize wounds and make you forget bout the hunger. Lol just don't start battening wood, you really need to have that done before indulging

maker's mark...but if i end up being forced to do the ultralight crap, everclear (that crap will f you up damn fast! not to mention it can be used as fuel for my stove) :D

024_008.jpg

dunno about bugging out, but for overnights, can't go wrong with a 200ml bottle. Not going to get you trainwrecked. But if you're exhausted and dehydrated, it'll do the job.
4709574304_31fdd944d0_z.jpg

I've also been known to hike around with a 12 pack.
3796311704_2299804c52_z.jpg

Usually have a Nalgene full at the beginning of a short hike or adventure. Have plenty of water fountains at school. When SHTF, I think I'll have plenty of water to scavenge up in a short amount of time.

maker's mark...but if i end up being forced to do the ultralight crap, everclear (that crap will f you up damn fast! not to mention it can be used as fuel for my stove) :D

024_008.jpg

Yeah that's kind of where I am going. I actually have only had ever Clear once when I was in highschool but if I had to choose now without thinking it would be EC. First it can sterilize things and then take the edge off

I always carry a little shot bottle of Bacardi 151 and peppermint schnapps (great with MRE coco mix) and or a flask of Capt Morgans private stock in my pack.

I carry Jack in a Nalgene flask, it lighter. Nothing like a few nips around the campfire after a long day of feet beating. For me, it takes the edge off the pain in the ankles, knees and back, enough to let me get some good rest. Follow that up with a few morning nips to get the blood pumping, 600mg of Excedrine, and back to the trail.

Plus, its good for other things, but I drink mine. I was carrying PGA for my alcohol stove, but I drank it all one night, and didn't have enough to cook my breakfast. That sucked.

Jack Daniels. Made in Tennessee. Like me.

Moose

when hiking i usually carry a small flask of glenmorangie or cruzan single barrel.
and of course plenty of water.

I usually either fill the camp flask with either a good single malt or a good brandy.

I usually have a 500ml bottle of either jack or some gin when out fishing/hiking

Jack makes for a good meat seasoning and gin makes for good fish seasoning.

DO NOT put your hands in a tacklebox when under the influence.
One time i woke up with a hook in one of my knuckles :grumpy:

Bushmills or jamison, for dancing a hearty jig around the fire.

I usually have a 500ml bottle of either jack or some gin when out fishing/hiking

Jack makes for a good meat seasoning and gin makes for good fish seasoning.

DO NOT put your hands in a tacklebox when under the influence.
One time i woke up with a hook in one of my knuckles :grumpy:

Wow how much jack and did you have to not feel that thing in your knuckle.

Wow how much jack and did you have to not feel that thing in your knuckle.

That time it was the gin:D

I was cold to the bone from icefishing and decided to warm myself with a bottle of gin and some delicious fresh fish,
i was so numb in my fingers that i probably wouldnt have felt it anyway, but i think that without the gin i probably would have noticed it there when going to bed atleast:D

Back