Chonk

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
well, happy holidays to all ya'll!

This here is the most recently finished knife from my shop, I call this model 'Chonk', because, well it's chonky!

This stout lil fella sports a .216" thick CPM 3V blade, heat treated to maximize corrosion resistance and edge holding, with hand rubbed flats and belt finished, hollow ground primary bevels. The secondary bevel is a chonky convex grind, maximizing strength while ensuring good cutting geometry. The hidden tang is tapered to achieve a nice, neutral balance.

The G10 frame is secured to Terotuf scales via 4 hidden, 2mm stainless steel pins and toughened epoxy. The scales are held to the tang by two .1875" 304 stainless steel pins. The handle surface is not polished, leaving that warm, fuzzy, grippy Terotuf feel.

Sheath-wise, we're looking at 9ish oz veg tan leather, wet molded, hand stitched and hot packed for a lifetime of service. A sturdy integrated belt loop holds this chonky package nice and close to the body and will stay outta the way until it's time to bust out this micro brute. Not gonna lie; this sheath was a major challenge to build! There's a little schmutz on it in the pics, that's just some wax left over from the hot packing process.

Knife weight; 5.35oz
Blade length; 3 1/4"
Overall length; 7 5/8"
Overall weight; 8.2oz

YwWv210.jpg

Dirsc4a.jpg

9nNAlmH.jpg

kgX3wvE.jpg

LllS6eX.jpg

Y18hLIt.jpg

ptCHcg1.jpg

ZC3eW3N.jpg