Chopin with the BLC

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Well, Sunday was rainy here. But I have woods around my house, so I went out and did a quick bit of chopping between showers. Not much. And I was quickly chased back inside...

In the hand. I was by myself, so I didn't get pics of all the different grips you can do with this handle. (Not clear ones anyway.) The handle is 6" long, and feel really great.

Choppin102_0581-vi.jpg

A group shot. You have to do a comparison to get an idea of how a tool works. Two khukuri's (A Bonecutter (the original baby) and a very special HI Samsher gifted to me by Dick Singer), a Busse Battle Mistress, and my Bow Legged Chopper.

Choppin102_0575-vi.jpg

Choppin102_0603-vi.jpg

Then I chopped through a couple of arm sized dead hardwood branches that were old and seasoned and really hard.

Choppin102_0584-vi.jpg

Choppin102_0586-vi.jpg

Choppin102_0593-vi.jpg

My chopper held right about even with the Busse, but the two Khukuri's are monster choppers, and that Bonecutter is the best chopper you'll ever hold if you're lucky enough to hold one.

Now on to splitting. Each of these batons well, so no need to compare. Mine has an advantage because of its shape, and also because of the rounded spine. This is a log from the woodpile next door...;)

Choppin102_0608-vi.jpg

Choppin102_0609-vi.jpg

Batonning was a breeze. But I was quickly rained out and this is as far as I got.

Dylan has the knife now for kydex work, and once its back I'll drawknife with it and let you know.

Last edited:
Man, this thing looks awesome. Appears as though it made short work of everything in its path. Obviously I'm still trolling for the #1 spot on the list:D

Damn I wish I had the cake for one of those....... Hopefully maybe in the winter..

very cool....

PS-- love those bonecutters.

man that thing is cool...:eek: i love the overall design of it, and the shape of the handle looks super confortable...:thumbup: and yes, i want one, but can't afford crap at the moment..:(

Shits hard all over my brother. You wanna be in a small passaround I'm doing?

Back