Choppers on July 1st

I got up this morning and saw an email notice that a USPS shipping label has been created. Already?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, SNAP!

Should be delivered on Thursday. I'm going to make some time to get out in the woods and get some work done. Can't wait to see how the LC fits into the tool lineup. It's the same thickness as the 5.1/4.7 so it theoretically should handle some of the finer tasks as long as the length doesn't make it unwieldy. So freaking anxious to find out!!!

And thanks for the encouragement regarding the shelter building. I've been pretty busy. By busy I mean lazy.

Last edited:
We worked over the weekend and the holiday. I got some ground for this week too, they're in the second stage tumbler now.

'Merica! Now get to work!

Seriously though, I bitch and moan like any 'I need it now' pansy but I enjoy the hell out of chasing down your knives. It's the lure of the unobtainable. Well, not quite 'un'-obtainable, just challenging. Keep it up!

Crazy that these are coming through so quickly. This is my first Carothers purchase and I assumed it would be a couple weeks. Way cooler this way. Super stoked to receive a Light Chopper!

The LC can make less than 1mm wide curls of copy paper. It's insanely good. I'm not sure if the design alone is the bigger part and how much the D3V treatment contributes but I can tell you this.

Having only had standard HT knives in the past in this steel, those patterns where you would want 3V, every other knife you would compare to a LC is obsolete.

This thing can cut dry yellow cedar that has been seasoned for 2+ years, then make copy paper fuzz and finally shave. Out of the box. No polishing.

The handle is awesome, they managed to incorporate a thickness in the but that helps lock it in for chopping but you can still choke up on the front of it. The choil is borderline for my hands but that's how I want it. I don't like choils generally so on a knife this size that is truly capable of fine work I appreciate it being kept small. It balances really well and is surprisingly light. Having the handle design like this allows a much nicer finish on the micarta that is not dry and shitty looking but the shape makes it perform. Not the texture.

Hands down this is the best knife I've got as a one tool knife and the most excited I've been for a maker in a long long time.

Don't leave early to get it. Instead of just smelling like anticipation in here, it will smell like guilt too.

But post when you unbox it and finish admiring it. :thumbup:

Wow Nathan , to say I am impressed is an understatement thank you
Pics
4NwIjAI.jpg

S47KOai.jpg

5gb75u9.jpg

Back