Chris and Anne Reeve and others; I would like to see a more detailed website catalog.

:( I am a little frustrated at the lack of options on the Chris Reeves website for Sebenzas.
Personally, I would like to see more options listed on the page, so I can see all possible options for the sebenza.
One thing that I noticed in particular is that there is no option for have a gemstone inserted in the Sebbie, which is one of the things I am interested in. Same thing with Serrations.
Is there a FAQ that list all possible varieties of a Sebenza?
Also, I do not recall EVER seeing any custom variations on a CR fixed blade. Have there ever been any? Pics? details?
thanks for reading.
Ed

The CRK Company has, in my experience, been extremely responsive to customer inquiries. Tell them what you want and I am sure they will work with you. After all, this is their business and they are very much into customer satisfaction. In other words, don't judge a company by its website.

As for the One Piece Range, Chris did a Shadow IV for me with 1" of serrations just like the Projects 1 and 2; all I did was call and ask. They also have variations in Kalguard. Silver and a camo-like pattern quickly come to mind. You want to buy a Chris Reeve knife or two and they want to sell them. I have to believe something can happen here if you guys try.

:)

Nimrod, I, like others,
like to see what is available so we can mix and match.
How do I know what to order if I don't know it's available?
If you don't see something, most people will assume you can't get it.
I know it's a fine line, but I would like to see a complete list of options listed.
I would also like to see a few more more pages of unique graphics, so I can put a little more input into the direction of any unique graphic I may wish to see.

Isn't that one reason why there are forums like this -- so people can talk about, see, and learn what is available. I am sure the Reeves don't have the time to post a pic of every custom or different knife they do. Just ask, or talk to people here. That is probably why the Reeves moderate these forums -- so people can do that without them having to devote too much time to keeping up with a website.

That being said it is nice to see all the options at one place and know what to ask for. But you can't have everything.

BTW -- Pergator, I noticed you were from Canton. Are you going to go to any of these OH shows coming up in Oct. and Nov.?

JT

Originally posted by Pergatory
:( I am a little frustrated at the lack of options on the Chris Reeves website for Sebenzas.
Personally, I would like to see more options listed on the page, so I can see all possible options for the sebenza.
One thing that I noticed in particular is that there is no option for have a gemstone inserted in the Sebbie, which is one of the things I am interested in. Same thing with Serrations.
Is there a FAQ that list all possible varieties of a Sebenza?
Also, I do not recall EVER seeing any custom variations on a CR fixed blade. Have there ever been any? Pics? details?
thanks for reading.
Ed

Ed, actually the CRK site DOES have the info you required regarding serrations and gemstones and the opther options that are available. Did you actually look before you started to get frustrated? :p http://www.chrisreeve.com/price.html
although the pictures are not there, they are floating around the web. Not every great company has the desire or ability to front the manpower and monetary costs of the greatest website ever. I think the CRK site is pretty darn good.They are very helpful if the request lines up with the manufacture of the products.

Yes you are correct CRK has a very informative site filled with great answers to questions. However i too would like to see more examples of what you could get. The price sheet is awesome however sometimes it is a little difficult to picture it in your mind. And i realize you can not order Wood inlays in a specfic wood, but some more Photo's would be nice.

My hats off to Chris & Anne, and the entire crew @ CRK

I have e-mailed back and forth with Bridget, and

I am thrilled with the service.

Ed....click on the link here Chris Reeve Uniques which will take you to a page on my site....these are pics that I've shot of the knives when I received them, just before I shipped them out.....

One problem with Reeve displaying pics of the uniques is.....not that many are usually ran in a batch to begin with, and by time they shoot a pic/scan...it is usually sold or will sell that day. The best way to get ideas is to sniff around a few dealers sites and see what they have, also...the guys in this forum are always proud to display their Blades when asked :D

also....CRK just came out with a new catalog. If I can send you one, please email me your address.

Thanks,

Back