Chris Reeve Knives - does the finishing bother anyone else?

It's never bothered me, although it's definitely somewhat of an unusual decision to have such differently finished sides. My Classic wood inlay is polished on both sides, except on the lock bar and clip...I have wondered why that decision was made.

How about a Doppler 21? Consistent finish on both sides (both blasted), and super cool pattern

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 9.02.21 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 9.02.31 PM.jpg

(I will warn you they are a bit hard to find...)

Years ago, I collected CRK's and have owned maybe thirty or more...large and small Sebbies, in exotic woods and CF and other scale finishes...finally sold them all except for a couple of plain-Jane sebbies and one Zaan. Plain Ti slabs are my standard...spider-marks and all...

I just got my first 31 and greatly prefer the 21 clip position. However the ceramic lock interface is great. I guess I'll just have to have a CF scale made for my Umnumzaan and have the best of both worlds :)

Why didn't KA ever do a CF Zaan?

I know right?! Would like to get a CF scale for my Umnumzaan also. Know any good, reputable crafters/producers out there?

I've wanted to try out a Sebenza for myself for a long time. The one thing that kept me from doing so was the finishing; it seems all the models with nice inlays or milling always have satin on only one side, or even when it's satin finished on the flats of both scales, the lock bar and perimeters of the frames are still blasted. That's always turned me off getting one, so I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same.

And if there's a particular version which doesn't have this demerit, please throw it out there. Thanks.

Yes! That bugs the crap out of me.

Back