Christmas Bacon

Some of you know my daughter Kim but I also have a son who has always been a joy, a great kid, now 44 years old. He is also the best hand at cooking that I have ever known. On Thanksgiving he had smoked a turkey that I believe was the best turkey I have ever had in my 74 years.

Yesterday we spent Christmas Eve afternoon with his family. He brought out something that I personally had never had before. He cut large onion rings, spiral wrapped them in bacon, and grilled them. Indescribable! I thought of you poor hogs who weren't there.

Some of you know my daughter Kim but I also have a son who has always been a joy, a great kid, now 44 years old. He is also the best hand at cooking that I have ever known. On Thanksgiving he had smoked a turkey that I believe was the best turkey I have ever had in my 74 years.

Yesterday we spent Christmas Eve afternoon with his family. He brought out something that I personally had never had before. He cut large onion rings, spiral wrapped them in bacon, and grilled them. Indescribable! I thought of you poor hogs who weren't there.
Congrats and that sounds incredible! I'll have to try it!
Did he prep his bacon with some Busse-branded-bacon?
Merry Christmas!

I find it quite interesting that you mention this. Yesterday my mother made some bacon wrapped carrots with a light maple glaze. Not quite onion rings, but it was my first time having bacon wrapped carrots.

Were the onion rings fried first? Either way it sounds amazing!

Merry Christmas, Mike, to you and yours!

You know the rules. Pics, or it didn't happen!

In this case we will let you slide, provide your son gives up the recipe.

I definitely need pics of these bacon wrapped onion rings!!!! . . . . No!!! . . . . Wait!

Pics won't do. . . . :confused:

Gonna need to see these "Live"! :eek: :D :eek: :D :D

Let's Drink! :cool:

Jerry :D:D:D:D

I called him last night. He said to wrap the onion rings with bacon, add your favorite seasonings, and smoke them for an hour at, I think he said, 225deg.

Now I am not a cook, but my thought is why in the world would you need the seasonings with bacon involved?

Back