Christmas Nick-Nak Tradition

kgd

Seasons Greetings to the Koyote Fans Out There. Special thanks to everybody who showed me their Koyote long knives! Now here is another assignment.

What is your christmas nick nack traditions. I'm talking the ornaments that you save and put out again every year. It could be something that hangs on the tree, it could be something that goes on the end table.

Here are a couple of ours:

1) Fat Ferry. The Fat Ferry has been a tradition in our home for at least 6 years. It started with my mom who gave it to us one christmas as a joke. That was the christmas she moved to my town and now I can much more easily take care of her.

2) The christmas mouse. The Christmas mouse was actually given to my mother in 1970, the year I was born by my now deceased Aunt. She passed it along to me after I became married. It has been set out every year I've been alive.

3) Not really a tradition, just a trinket cheap little Arabian hunting knife. I bought it the first time I went to Dubai back in 2004.

4) Glass of scotch. Been a tradition now for about 15 years!

DSC_0002-22.jpg

You guys are failing at this assignment.....Badly.......Lets go - Nick Nack Traditions!!!!!

Have a cookie and think about it. You will get the inspiration - I know it :D :D :D

DSC_0012-16.jpg

Yes that is lard leaking onto the computer paper up there. You know you want some!!! POST YOUR CHRISTMAS NICKNACKS!!!

ah, no piccies. But we have...TROLLS.

Yes, christmas TROLLS.

And a bottle of bushmills.

Christmas trolls? Do they look like this?

troll-1.jpg

(the text was supposed to say only thick knives are good - That of course is Trollish gibberish :D

They do, actually :D

It's a bastardization of this thing they did in Iceland when I was there where they had the 12 trolls for christmas (one for each day), that would leave stocking gifts (or tricks)

That sounds pretty cool - being in iceland. What were some of the troll tricks?

well, there's the traditional coal, but one of the old farmers told me about "salt cookies" and suchlike.

The first Christmas tree that my wife and I brought home in 1979 had a small birds nest in it. We saved it and place it in our tree every year, although it's now down to about half the original size.

Almost as long ago, my brother was over to help decorate the tree one year. We have this tiny teddy bear ornament. My brother went and found some black paper, cut out out some miniature sunglasses, and taped them to the bear's head, then placed the bear under a tree light, as thought the bear was working on his tan. That goes back on the tree very year.

Back