1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Christmas offer - workhorse carver (SPF)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by BogdanS, Dec 14, 2019.

1. BogdanS

BogdanS KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 11, 2015
    Hello dear brothers,

I just managed to finish the second blade i prepared for Christmas and this time we have an exceptional workhorse carver for a great price ;)

The description of this guy is simple - it is the toughest carving knife from my portfolio! Sure thing it is not only an excellent whittler but also a perfect bush knife that can easily handle any usual bushcraft task.
    The blade is made out of high carbon tungsten vanadium O1 tool steel and features a razor sharp scandi zero grind that will eat through wood. Handle is as indestructible as a 'non alien' handle can be - two pieces of natural micarta secured together with solid brass Corby and lanyard tube that were glued together to the tang using high grade epoxy resin.

The overall length is app 7.9" with an app 3.5" blade.

This one's price would be 110 usd (please ad 35 usd for a nice vegetable tanned thick ox leather sheath made by my lovely wife - on request).

All the best brothers, God bless,
    Bogdan

1.JPG

2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Looks like a real winner and in O1 should be easy to maintain. Nice work!

Fullflat and mb> like this.
  3. TDOG1

TDOG1

Jan 11, 2009
    Very nice, wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.

mb> likes this.
  4. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    If I buy another knife right now...I’m throwing my PayPal keys in the lake. Someone better get this giveaway deal...:)

5. BogdanS

BogdanS KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 11, 2015
    Thanks a lot my dear brothers for your so kind replies, you are great folks! ;)

Here we go just to make sure I did my Christmas gift part :) - first and last price drop - 100 usd for the knife.

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

woodysone and mb> like this.
  6. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Heck that’s a give away at this price, wish it wasn’t Christmas time:(:)

7. Phoynix

Phoynix Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Nice knife, whats the thickness and HRC?

8. SneezySky

SneezySky Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2017
    I'll take it.

Bogdan, I've been following your work on the bushcraft forums and have been aching for one of your beautiful creations for a long while now. I'm so glad to get a chance at this one. Great work!!

mb> and mycough like this.
  9. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    That really is a well thought out knife. You are putting out some great stuff Sir.

mb> likes this.
  10. BogdanS

Jan 11, 2015
    @SneezySky - thank you so very much my dear brother for your kind appreciation and support - may it serve you well mate! PM sent with all necessary details ;)
    @Phoynix - that would be 3mm and 59-60 RC my brother ;)
    @mycough - thanks mate, thanks a lot, i am very glad you do like it :)

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

mb> likes this.