Off Topic Christmas presents ideas

For the women in your lives, a Coach coin purse or checkbook cover is a good choice for many.

For men, it is surprising how many don't actually have a good high-quality leather belt. In my case, I have been really pleased with the "Hanks Belt" I bought to replace the good belt I wore out after 15~20 years of daily wear. Bridle leather is really nice! :)

She buys me ammo or gives me $ to buy it myself. I usually try to put a lot of thought into her gift but I’m being lazy this year. I just came right out and asked what she wanted and she said an Apple Watch so that’s what she’s getting.

Nothing is better than giving an 'experience' as a gift. And you can spend as much, or as little as your budget allows.

Last year, I bought my wife a gift card to a cooking class of her choice. She's already great in the kitchen, but we had a blast taking a class together, learning to make something new, and eating the final product with 10 other couples who took the class.

A few years ago, she bought me a tour-and-tasting at a local craft craft distillery. We went, toured the place, learned its history, and tasted some interesting spirits, fresh from the still.

This year, we are getting my daughter a penguin encounter at the local aviary. You get to feed and pet them, learn how the handlers care for them, and she'll get a 'trainer' certificate at the end.

None of these cost us more than $50-75 a person, and all will be remembered long after any trinket wrapped in a box, no matter how expensive.

There's all kinds of activities out there that you can give as a gift (or ask for). Some ideas:
- cooking class (group or private)
- any kind of event ticket (concert, symphony, theater, sports)
- helecoptor/airplane tour of your area
- zoo experiences
- brewery/distillery tour (or other behind the scene tour of a cool local business)
- dog sledding
- atv/jeep/off-road adventure
- pottery/art/craft class

Really just about anything. Just depends on your area, your imagination, and your budget.

Back