Civilian Trainer

Greetings,
Has there been a Civilian trainer produced, either in fixed or folding design? If so, where can I get one?
Thanks

I have seen a soft foam, fixed blade version of the Civilian made by the same people who make the "red gun" trainers for gun retention training. Try Shomer Tec, Gall's or one of the other catalogs/websites that deal in police gear.

There is a "prototype" of the knife you describe. I have seen it with my own eyes at the Shot Show this year.

No firm word if or when it will go into production. I know Bram has been trying to get a few to do some training videos.

------------------
Terry Prichard aka the bladebroker

I'm all for a Civilian/Matriarch trainer myself. In fact, I'd like to commend Spyderco for making the Endura, delica and Gunting trainers.

Leo

------------------
"Though the meek shall inherit the Earth, they won't keep it past Saturday night..."

In addition to training versions of the aabove mentioned knives. I would like to see a Harpy trainer, which is my current EDC, I luv that knife;>

[This message has been edited by Weapon_X_711 (edited 05-22-2001).]

I have one of the aforementioned Civilian trainers cast from an original (aluminum handled model) which was purchased years ago from Shomer-Tec. I can't remember how much I paid, but try contacting them via telephone at (360) 733-6214 (I couldn't find a web addy for the company).
Brian

------------------
Life Member NRA & PMA, member AKTI, NKCA, ATA, and any other worthy cause I can find.

Hi Ktmhk. Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

We have only made one proto for showing at shows. Not enough interest at this time to tool up for a trainer.

You might contact James Keating. I know he made some nice wooden fixed blade pieces a while back.

sal

I purchased I very nice Ebony Civ Trainer from:

Robert Langford
Office Mangr.
Combat Technologies
comtech@bmi.net

Back in November and have been very happy with it.

------------------
-In Beer there is Strength...
-In Wine there is Wisdom...
-In Water there is BACTERIA...
Old German Proverb

[This message has been edited by WTFOver (edited 05-30-2001).]

Guys, just talked with Rob at Comtech, he can make them out of various woods he has, give him a call at 541-938-2175, tell him Al said to call. Al

Back